• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I'm hearing great things about this new Bo Burnham special. It's got a 97 on Metacritic, and an 89 user review. Definitely going to check it out this weekend.

It's full of millennial angst and cynicism. I am not the target audience so it was more self-indulgent than funny to me. But as you cite, other people like it just fine.

I'm hearing great things about this new Bo Burnham special. It's got a 97 on Metacritic, and an 89 user review. Definitely going to check it out this weekend.

My daughter loves this dude and his comedy. This special is pretty dark though.

Mitchell’s versus Machines was really well done, solid family animated flick.

Mitchell’s versus Machines was really well done, solid family animated flick.
Wife and I watched it last night and thought it was very well done, especially for a Netflix movie

Most likely know at this point but MvtM was done by the team that did Into the Spiderverse.

My wife and I watched this last night. Thanks for the recommendation - pretty spot on.

This format is actually commercial heavy but due to the cliff hangers we did not mind. Clever format by Roku/Quibi.

Binge watched this yesterday. Very predictable but very watchable.

We binged Shadow and Bone yesterday. It was way better than I was expecting. Not amazing, but a fun watch for sure.

We binged Shadow and Bone yesterday. It was way better than I was expecting. Not amazing, but a fun watch for sure.

Age range? Think my 11 yo might like it. Not sure about the 9 yo.

Age range? Think my 11 yo might like it. Not sure about the 9 yo.

I think it's rated TV-14, if that matters. I don't recall there being anything super inappropriate, though there is a lot of death. Nothing super gory or violent that I can recall, but it is pretty dark at times and could be a little scary for a 9 year old. And maybe a little hard to follow at times. That said, I'm honestly not the best judge of this since I don't have kids.

My daughter loves this dude and his comedy. This special is pretty dark though.

Re: Bo Burnham: Inside

Yeahhh, turns out it wasn't really my style. It's definitely creative, but I didn't find it particularly funny.

Last edited:
Started watching The Great the other night. We're 3 or 4 eps in but so far I'm loving it. It's like a mashup of Bridgerton and Death of Stalin. Not at all historically accurate, but IDGAF, this shit is fun.

Started watching The Great the other night. We're 3 or 4 eps in but so far I'm loving it. It's like a mashup of Bridgerton and Death of Stalin. Not at all historically accurate, but IDGAF, this shit is fun.

It's so good. That was my favorite show last year, easily

I'll have to try that out. Death of Stalin is my favorite comedy of the 21st century.

i am once again watching the classic PG rated Galaxy Quest

This season of Mythic Quest has cut down a little on the "yelling comedy" that I wasn't really a fan of on shows like Always Sunny and The League and it has led to some real quality episodes as the season winds down.

Back