• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

i should walk that back, i guess big bang has much broader appeal

schitt's creek is funnier, better written, better actors, more compelling and self-contained stories, has a point

how do you know who eugene levy is but not know who catherine o'hara is

am i missing an irony layer today what's the deal

agree with juice she's the funniest part of the show

i really want to get into guest but i keep forgetting

i did watch like half of the first season of schitt's creek and i thought it was BAD. just real unfunny network sitcom level stuff. and i'm a dude who loved new girl and b99 and mindy project!

maybe i need to try it again

i think i say "I'm positively bedeviled with meetings et cetera" once a week to my wife

i really want to get into guest but i keep forgetting

i did watch like half of the first season of schitt's creek and i thought it was BAD. just real unfunny network sitcom level stuff. and i'm a dude who loved new girl and b99 and mindy project!

maybe i need to try it again

I had the exact same experience with schitt's creek- gave up on it halfway through the first season because is was just so...unfunny. I know a lot of you guys liked it, so maybe it was just me (and Redsoxfaithful)

Also don't like it, my wife was binge watching it and I gave it a try but left it as a you watch without me show.

it's no skin off my back if ppl don't like it

the kids are probably way too twee for an audience above a certain age, and the parents too dry, so there's likely a narrow sweet spot of audience that may not be dudes of a certain age On Here

i went to a sold out live show the cast did here in DC, and catherine O'Hara and eugene levy did bits from guest movies and o'hara also stayed in character for a lot of it and noah reid sang a song, and the rest of the cast sorta talked about the production process, and it was fun times

that cut a pretty wide swath of kinds of fans, but generally still within the millennial cohort

i don't particularly find some of the side characters all that funny but think the central cast is great

Listen, now that RJ is locked away in a thread cage we are going need you to pick a new nemesis, first criteria to be identified is hater of Schitt's Creek, more criteria to follow.

i have several other posters on ignore but they don't cause problems like rj, so it's kinda all gravy

it's no skin off my back if ppl don't like it

the kids are probably way too twee for an audience above a certain age, and the parents too dry, so there's likely a narrow sweet spot of audience that may not be dudes of a certain age On Here

i went to a sold out live show the cast did here in DC, and catherine O'Hara and eugene levy did bits from guest movies and o'hara also stayed in character for a lot of it and noah reid sang a song, and the rest of the cast sorta talked about the production process, and it was fun times

that cut a pretty wide swath of kinds of fans, but generally still within the millennial cohort

i don't particularly find some of the side characters all that funny but think the central cast is great

I've never heard the term "twee" before. Good term. I guess it's not quite cloying.

I watched some of the last two seasons of Schitt's while my wife was watching it. From what she told me, I wouldn't like the first season or so that much but I liked what I saw.

Catherine O'Hara was amazing on SCTV (like everyone else).

I saw "Palm Springs" last night. All right I guess. In the interest of letting people not know anything, I'll put this comment, that would make sense only after you see it and are a ST:TNG fan, in a spoiler tag:

I would rather have watched "Yesterday's Enterprise" twice, for the same amount of time spent

The Great is indeed great

prefer it to the Favourite, though apples and oranges I know

The Great is indeed great

prefer it to the Favourite, though apples and oranges I know

yeah. it was better than the Favourite I think, but I loved both

I'm pretty surprised they haven't greenlit a second season yet

edit: NVM APPARENTLY THEY JUST DID THAT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO LET'S GOOOOO

if my sweet soft boy leo is dead i will be FURIOUS

yeah. it was better than the Favourite I think, but I loved both

I'm pretty surprised they haven't greenlit a second season yet

edit: NVM APPARENTLY THEY JUST DID THAT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO LET'S GOOOOO

if my sweet soft boy leo is dead i will be FURIOUS