• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

The Outsider just keeps getting better. Such a creepy, well-done show.

It's like a True Detective/Stranger Things combo. Wish it was a little less horror movie-ish at times, but it's pretty damn entertaining.

Anyone started Hunters yet? I’m p excited for it but reviews look a little meh.

man, I wish that show based on a Stephen King book about a killer who targets children was less horror move-ish. :cool:

It’s pretty jarring. Lots of violent flashbacks to concentration camps. But then there are little cutout scenes with song and dance. And Ted Mosby from HIMYM is just such an odd duck on the show.

Saw a preview for a new mystery/sci-fi AMC show produced by and starring Jason Segel, also from HIMYM, and he stuck out like a sore thumb even more than Andre 3000.

Makes you wonder why Alyson Hannigan isn’t getting much work nowadays.

I know I’m late to the party but I just finished Chernobyl, and Jesus, it may have been the most emotionally jarring thing I’ve ever watched. Amazing, intense, and beautifully shot but it’s not something I think I’ll ever revisit.

Watched both seasons of Fleabag yesterday and thought some of it was pretty great. Season 2 was a lot better than Season 1 in my opinion. Some of it was over-the-top trainwrecky, but there was definitely some good stuff in there. And since it's only twelve ~30 min eps it's not a huge commitment.

Hunters is solid. Wife and I have two eps left and each ep leaves us wanting more. We’ve stayed up way too late lately watching. What’s the rub against it? It’s entertaining and obviously not historically accurate but a fun show to watch because it’s nazis getting sweet justice with a deeper subplot.

watched We are the Dream on HBO about the Kids of the Oakland MLK Oratorical Fest

just under an hour long and I cried like eight times

I thought the first ep was great. I have no idea how much it is representative of true events anymore (I assume the Escobar seasons were at least decently close) but I’m always gonna be a sucker for this subject matter even if it’s totally dramatized

I just finished the season. Watching it made me go back and read some of the actual history and like a lot of movies, it's loosely based on the truth. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Babylon Berlin Season 3 was excellent, I thought. My favorite show from the last couple of years.

Any thoughts on how The Outsider ended up?

I really enjoyed it from start to finish.

Babylon Berlin Season 3 was excellent, I thought. My favorite show from the last couple of years.

i'm kinda tempted to re-watch 1 and 2 before 3, but that's a big time commitment

did you find it easy to pick back up? did you watch any good recaps?

generally speaking, i have a bad memory for details

Back