• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Homecoming, you guys. Fuck, that finale was good.

I binged through episode 6, and now haven't felt much of a desire to start it back up. I know its a throw back to the mystery programs of a different age, etc. etc., but I dont know where it is going.

I binged through episode 6, and now haven't felt much of a desire to start it back up. I know its a throw back to the mystery programs of a different age, etc. etc., but I dont know where it is going.
Defs worth the 2 hours it'll take you to finish at that point, IMO

That’s disappointing about The Man in the High Castle. The problem from the getgo always seemed to be “where can this go” and sounds like where it does isn’t great

"Patriot" season 2 dropped on Friday. I hadn't been able to find anything on it, and didn't think they were even going to do a season 2 until I randomly saw it on Amazon prime. I thought season 1 was great, so I'm glad they re-upped.

Do you like having "the feels"? I mean all the feels. If so, check out "Dogs", just released on Netflix. If you're a soulless husk, you can skip it.

Ballad of Buster Scruggs is quite good. Very Coen Bros. if you're into their aesthetic and philosophy. An emotional roller coaster of comedy and tragedy.

Ballad of Buster Scruggs is quite good. Very Coen Bros. if you're into their aesthetic and philosophy. An emotional roller coaster of comedy and tragedy.

I agree The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Near Algodones and The Gal that Got Rattled were the best ones. I would have liked for Timothy Blake Nelson and James Franco to have gotten even more screen time.

The Kominsky method on Netflix is my new favorite. Lots of laughs and feels and a touch of geriatric Entourage. Recommend.

The Gal That Got Rattled was the clear standout for me. The others ranged from okay to good. The closing bit was really solid.

saw this as well. i thought it was good.

saw this as well. i thought it was good.

Really only enjoyed the ballad of Buster Scruggs, the others were just ok. Really didn't like the one with the Irishman. Best line of the whole thing was by James Franco "This your first time?"

My order of preference: (1) Meal Ticket, (2) Ballad of Buster Scruggs, (3) The Gal Who Got Rattled, (4) All Gold Canyon, (5) The Mortal Remains, (6) Near Algodones [didn't really care for this one much, really]

I agree The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Near Algodones and The Gal that Got Rattled were the best ones. I would have liked for Timothy Blake Nelson and James Franco to have gotten even more screen time.

The Gal That Got Rattled was the clear standout for me. The others ranged from okay to good. The closing bit was really solid.

The Gal that Got Rattled is the best piece of content I have seen in maybe a year or more. So good.

Homecoming was good. I'd recommend it considering it is only 10, 30 min episodes. Amazon seems willing to do something Netflix refuses to: If you only have 5 hours of content, don't stretch it to 10 or 13. Each of the 10 episodes moves the plot, and most are arched to have a cliffhanger, so binging is super easy.

At the same time, it suffers from some of the obscurities that you either love or hate about Mr. Robot (same writer) in that it sometimes treats the viewer like an idiot and over explains common concepts, either with words, props, or actions, and most of the characters are bizarre and unbelievable in nature.

Last edited:
I'm 1/2 done with the new season of MST3K. It's quite good, a worthy addition. For this season I started off with a more open mind (in other words, I did indeed just relax) and didn't hold a grudge that all the old gang wasn't around.

Speaking of the old gang, I saw Frank and Trace (Dr. Forrester) do a couple of live riffs over the last year. If you're a MSTie, check 'em out if they're in your area.

Back