• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

the previews for the new Sebastian Maniscalco standup lead me to believe he is the least funny and least original comic of our time

just earth-shatteringly dull content in the clips

2&2 probably loves the guy

he definitely relies on heavily on his delivery/timing

the previews for the new Sebastian Maniscalco standup lead me to believe he is the least funny and least original comic of our time

just earth-shatteringly dull content in the clips

2&2 probably loves the guy

he was the featured entertainer at a trade show I went to and since it was in Chicago he had a lot of jokes about that. it was decent enough since it was in person and I figured I may as well try to enjoy. but not sure I'd watch his stuff.

Reminds me of RAAAANNNNNDDDYYYY

Fuck it, can't embed youtubes. You know who I'm talking about.

woof. he's like a really hacky Jerry Seinfeld mostly.

it's kind of like that old SNL sketch where Seinfeld hosted a standup Jeopardy! type show.

I don't follow this thread closely, so, sorry if it's haas, but Derry Girls was a really good show.

I watched the first episode of Black Monday on Showtine on demand and it was good. Will watch at least the next few.

Also binge watched Ray donovan. Good stuff.

I don't follow this thread closely, so, sorry if it's haas, but Derry Girls was a really good show.

Someone just recommended this to me the other day, weird. I had never heard of it, but twice in a couple of days must be a sign. It then led to a convo about 70s/80s Irish anarchist punk, so that was cool.

Fyre festival doc on Netflix is solid. I guess there is a competing doc on Hulu as well.

What a clown show operation. Schadenfreude flowing strong.

Fyre festival doc on Netflix is solid. I guess there is a competing doc on Hulu as well.

What a clown show operation. Schadenfreude flowing strong.
The Hulu doc is much better IMO.

Netflix doc - inside perspective from Fuck Jerry marketing firm POV, doesnt really condemn anyone, more footage of Ja Rule

Hulu Doc - gives biographical data of Billy McFarland, condemns him as a liar and scam artist, condemns Fuck Jerry as complicit, more schadenfreud about Instagram Influencer culture, less footage of Fyre Festival set up.

Someone told me lat night that Hulu paid a bunch of money for access that Netflix later got for free.

Yeah, who's profiting from this? It's like Lenin said: You look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh, you know...

If schaden is your favorite kind of freude (like it is for me) then just watch them both. The Bahamians who get stiffed for working extra shifts are the only people that elicit sympathy. Maybe some other contractors.

Also, Killing Eve is on Hulu and that's some edge of your seat spy thriller action going on there. Do highly recommend.

Also watched both Fyre docs. I preferred the Hulu one but didn’t need the childhood stuff about McFarland. The fact that the Jerry Media people made the Netflix doc and tried to brush off their role as following their clients orders came off as disingenuous to me. Kinda wanted more footage and stories about what actually happened on the island and thought both missed on that.

Disappointed that concert going bro won 5 million$ for getting scammed...even if he's not going to get it.

As someone tweeted: anytime a rich kid gets scammed, an angel gets its wings

Fawlty Towers, a John Cleese sitcom from the 1970’s, is now on Netflix. If you’ve not seen this show, it is wildly funny.

Did anybody watch Lodge 49 on AMC or Hulu? I just watched the whole series while I recovered from knee surgery - I haven't enjoyed a tv series that much in a while.

Back