Page 271 of 279 FirstFirst ... 171221261266267268269270271272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 5570

Thread: Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

  1. #5401
    THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    47,649
    I liked the Summer I turned Pretty!
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  2. #5402
    Quote Originally Posted by dartsndeacs View Post
    There's just way too much content these days. No way I can keep up with all these recs. Back in the day you had thursday night TV and maybe Sunday night TV and that was it
    I actually have a spreadsheet/notepad that I write down all recommendations that I think I'll like, or when I see trailers or articles about upcoming shows or movies that I think I'll like. It's up to 3+ pages on a notepad that I keep beside my recliner, and I include the streaming network and stuff along with it so I know exactly where to watch. It really helps, especially like 2 years later when I can't remember the name of that one show that someone said I'd really love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    I was dreading starting Stranger Things back up after what I thought was a lackluster 2nd and 3rd seasons. Maybe it was the time off, but I enjoyed this one as much as any since the first. Apparently it's only the first 7 of 9 episodes, which irritated me initially, but they left it at the perfect spot for maximum build up.
    I was so excited for Stranger Things 4, and it has not disappointed. For some reason I thought I read that Season 4 was the final season, but they renewed it for Season 5 which WILL be the final season.

    And for those that don't know, the reason networks split series up into 2 parts for a season (which seems dumb to do Stranger Things 4: Volume 1 on May 27th and Volume 2 on July 1st), but it's so that the first part can be counted for this year's Emmys/Golden Globes, and the cutoff is June 30th...so now Volume 2 can be counted as Limited Series/TV Show for next year's awards. Clever, but annoying, especially putting two parts so close together like with ST4.

    But as far as ST4, I've found it to be much better when they lean hard on the body horror, but also attach the story to reality (aka the MKUltra tests/experiments and stuff) rather than just supernatural.

    I was very proud of myself for making a couple of connections/figuring out a couple of twists earlier on in the season. I'm really excited to see Volume 2 (or Part 2, whatever they're calling it).

    I saw a hilarious YouTube video that I'll put in Spoiler Tags of Gaten Matarazzo basically ruining the end of Part 1 of Season 4 all the way back when the show started in 2016...He definitely didn't get the media coaching that the Marvel actors do.

     

  3. #5403
    Really enjoying The Bear on Hulu and Season 3 of The Boys.
    Draxx them sklounst

  4. #5404
    Saw a couple of somewhat older movies. The Accountant with Affleck was much better than I thought it would be. Pretty entertaining flick.

    Fractured. With Sam Worthington was really bad. It actually got decent reviews but it was really obvious what happens right at the beginning. I kept watching because I thought there was no way they would make it that obvious, but they did. Complete waste of time.

  5. #5405
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Saw a couple of somewhat older movies. The Accountant with Affleck was much better than I thought it would be. Pretty entertaining flick.

    Fractured. With Sam Worthington was really bad. It actually got decent reviews but it was really obvious what happens right at the beginning. I kept watching because I thought there was no way they would make it that obvious, but they did. Complete waste of time.
    The Accountant is great. Definitely a Rewatchable.
    Hungry

  6. #5406
    Whew good gracious for all mankind has it going this season.

  7. #5407
    Have been watching Pistol on Hulu about the Sex Pistols. Takes about an episode and a half to really hit its stride, but I'm 4/6 episodes through and am satisfied. Nothing new to those who have seen Sid & Nancy or The Filth & The Fury, except that the story is a bit more fleshed out.

  8. #5408
    Hulu the bear and pistols are both really good.

  9. #5409
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Fractured. With Sam Worthington was really bad. It actually got decent reviews but it was really obvious what happens right at the beginning. I kept watching because I thought there was no way they would make it that obvious, but they did. Complete waste of time.
    Also watched this a few nights ago (damn you Netflix algorithm!)

    Sam Worthington isnít a great actor to begin with, but even beyond that, Fractured sucked. The unreliable narrator story telling device is difficult to use correctly because you either: 1. make it too obvious that the narrator is lying, and the audience has to sit through 90 minutes of bullshit for a predictable twist they know is coming at the end, or 2. The unreliable narrator makes the story so incoherent and confusing that it doesnít capture the audiences attention.

    In both cases the audience knows that what they are watching isnít truth, so the story isnít compelling.
    Draxx them sklounst

  10. #5410
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,923
    I finished Stranger Things Part 1 last night and watched Ep 8 a little while ago. I think this is the best season by far. They arenít relying on novelty and homages. The story is good. The writing is good. The plotting is good. They manage to have several different stories and past seasons have but they all make sense and work well with each other. Ordinarily Iíd have problems with the pacing because it is long but it works. Several scenes go a few beats too long but theyíre good character moments.

  11. #5411
    But the homages are on point too.

    The infiltration of the lab homage was incredible.

  12. #5412
    ST4 was solid, but jesus, can we divide those last couple episodes into 3 or 4? The last one was 2 hours and 20 minutes. That's a long slog.

    At the end of the last episode, I turned to my wife and said
     
    El is gonna be a G cup by the time season 5 rolls around.

  13. #5413
    Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    ST4 was solid, but jesus, can we divide those last couple episodes into 3 or 4? The last one was 2 hours and 20 minutes. That's a long slog.
    I agree. They could have easily made those 2 episodes into 4.

  14. #5414
    I ended up watching a lot of S4 in partial episodes, they were all so long

  15. #5415
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,923
    I watched Ep 1 on Thursday and watched 2-7 on Friday then 8-9 on Saturday. Been awhile since Iíve binged a show like that.

    I watched Hustle last night too. Solid sports movie. Kind of subdued. Sandler was good. Obviously the cameos were cool for NBA fans. It was weird to see Kenny Smith not playing himself with so many NBA players, vets, and personnel playing themselves including Willy Hernangomez. I really liked Anthony Edwards in his role.

  16. #5416
    Ricky Peral nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    too many places
    Posts
    1,801
    Hustle was pretty good. Legit funny scenes.

  17. #5417
    S3 of The Boys sucks, sad

    First two seasons were excellent

  18. #5418
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    S3 of The Boys sucks, sad

    First two seasons were excellent
    I figured you for a guy that would dig some tentacle play.

  19. #5419
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    50,110
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    Whew good gracious for all mankind has it going this season.
    100%

  20. #5420
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    S3 of The Boys sucks, sad

    First two seasons were excellent
    go on
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •