• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Saw a couple of somewhat older movies. The Accountant with Affleck was much better than I thought it would be. Pretty entertaining flick.

Fractured. With Sam Worthington was really bad. It actually got decent reviews but it was really obvious what happens right at the beginning. I kept watching because I thought there was no way they would make it that obvious, but they did. Complete waste of time.

Saw a couple of somewhat older movies. The Accountant with Affleck was much better than I thought it would be. Pretty entertaining flick.

Fractured. With Sam Worthington was really bad. It actually got decent reviews but it was really obvious what happens right at the beginning. I kept watching because I thought there was no way they would make it that obvious, but they did. Complete waste of time.

The Accountant is great. Definitely a Rewatchable.

Whew good gracious for all mankind has it going this season.

Have been watching Pistol on Hulu about the Sex Pistols. Takes about an episode and a half to really hit its stride, but I'm 4/6 episodes through and am satisfied. Nothing new to those who have seen Sid & Nancy or The Filth & The Fury, except that the story is a bit more fleshed out.

Hulu the bear and pistols are both really good.

Also watched this a few nights ago (damn you Netflix algorithm!)

Sam Worthington isn’t a great actor to begin with, but even beyond that, Fractured sucked. The unreliable narrator story telling device is difficult to use correctly because you either: 1. make it too obvious that the narrator is lying, and the audience has to sit through 90 minutes of bullshit for a predictable twist they know is coming at the end, or 2. The unreliable narrator makes the story so incoherent and confusing that it doesn’t capture the audiences attention.

In both cases the audience knows that what they are watching isn’t truth, so the story isn’t compelling.

I finished Stranger Things Part 1 last night and watched Ep 8 a little while ago. I think this is the best season by far. They aren’t relying on novelty and homages. The story is good. The writing is good. The plotting is good. They manage to have several different stories and past seasons have but they all make sense and work well with each other. Ordinarily I’d have problems with the pacing because it is long but it works. Several scenes go a few beats too long but they’re good character moments.

ST4 was solid, but jesus, can we divide those last couple episodes into 3 or 4? The last one was 2 hours and 20 minutes. That's a long slog.

At the end of the last episode, I turned to my wife and said
El is gonna be a G cup by the time season 5 rolls around.

I watched Ep 1 on Thursday and watched 2-7 on Friday then 8-9 on Saturday. Been awhile since I’ve binged a show like that.

I watched Hustle last night too. Solid sports movie. Kind of subdued. Sandler was good. Obviously the cameos were cool for NBA fans. It was weird to see Kenny Smith not playing himself with so many NBA players, vets, and personnel playing themselves including Willy Hernangomez. I really liked Anthony Edwards in his role.

S3 of The Boys sucks, sad

First two seasons were excellent

This is The Boys best season.

On the other hand, Brooklyn 99 is having an epic downturn for its last season that I'd say is even worse than Scrubs'. With the current climate they couldn't continue making madcap romps so they're embracing ACAB as a theme and there's just no humor to be found there.

Back