• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Bros, The Last Kingdom is very good. Very good. Watch and enjoy. Show about 9th century England being invaded by Danes.

FX is probably the best channel going these days

That looks good, and I love the cast... It'll be interesting to see if FX is able to continue their momentum without new Ryan Murphy series. I guess they still have Noah Hawley and Donald Glover.

That looks good, and I love the cast... It'll be interesting to see if FX is able to continue their momentum without new Ryan Murphy series. I guess they still have Noah Hawley and Donald Glover.

is American Crime Story moving to Netflix, staying on FX or kaput? I know they were going to do Katrina before Versace then changed the premise of Katrina so did Versace instead.

I think all of Murphy's existing FX series are staying with FX. Katrina (confirmed for S3) will be on FX I think.

I did see that the planned second season of Feud (on Princess Diana) was scrapped, but Murphy said he still plans on other iterations of that show.

Yeah, great cast, got some serious theater players behind it, too, including a couple of Hamilton guys. Fosse was a wild man - if anyone hasn't seen All That Jazz, run don't walk - so this will be interesting to see how gritty and dirty they get.

Bandersnatch was pretty good. Word of warning - if you're apt to fall asleep while watching, save it for when you're 100% alert. Not because it requires full attention (though it kinda does) but because you won't be able to rewind to the point you last remember.

I assume you have to watch it all the way through to get the different endings? Anyone know if that's' T/F? I'll probably just look for the various endings elsewhere.

I'm just finding Patriot on Amazon; very high marks. Absolutely love it.

Can't say enough good things about this show. I was really worried that there weren't enough people watching season 1 to get to season 2, but after over a year and a half, season 2 finally dropped. I don't know anyone who has watched it and not enjoyed it.

lemony snicket A series of unfortunate events season 3 just started...I do love this show and very close to the books.

Can't say enough good things about this show. I was really worried that there weren't enough people watching season 1 to get to season 2, but after over a year and a half, season 2 finally dropped. I don't know anyone who has watched it and not enjoyed it.

Definitely the best show I watched last year.

Not on Netflix but I’ve finally caught up with Atlanta and it really is fantastic. My only surprise is the attention Glover and Stanfield have gotten for their acting/roles compared to Henry/Beetz who I think are superior. I know a big part of it is fame outside of the show but yeah, those two are the highlights for me. I would probably say Stanfield’s character is my least favorite part of the show.

I also recently caught up on season 2 (now that it's on commercial-free Hulu)

I really dig Atlanta, but felt the season suffered from the fact that there were so many episodes with only one main cast member. presumably because they are getting so many big time movie roles, Glover's music schedule, etc., but it did hurt the show.

I think the love for Glover is more as a creator than an actor. Beetz is awesome, but I have a hard time buying Henry in that role sometimes. Strong disagree on Stanfield -- I think he's great (loved Sorry to Bother You) and I love the Darius character.

The Teddy Perkins episode deservedly got the most hype, but I thought the frat brother Laffy Taffy scene was the most ridiculous and memorable of the whole season

I think this season did a good job of getting to know each character better. Perhaps that was necessary because of schedules, but it was a good narrative choice as well.

New sci-fi comedy series by Jordan Peele. Looks like a comedy version of Black Mirror.

[video=youtube;raJJbbiKtlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=106&v=raJJbbiKtlY[/video]

Was home sick much of the weekend and totally fell in love with Phoebe Waller-Bridge via Fleabag and Crashing.

the previews for the new Sebastian Maniscalco standup lead me to believe he is the least funny and least original comic of our time

just earth-shatteringly dull content in the clips

2&2 probably loves the guy

Back