• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
I recently watched John Carpenter's The Thing. Very cool sci fi/horror flick with great special effects.

Until the Light Takes Us is a documentary about the black metal scene in Norway during the 1990s. It deals with a wave of church burnings and some murders that were committed by people who were part of the scene. I'm not into metal but still found it interesting. And everyone speaks good English so you don't have to read subtitles. :thumbsup:

There are many possible suggestions but I will start with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" Trilogy (along with the second movie "The Girl who Played with Fire" and the third "The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"). If you liked the books or are interested now that they are making the first movie in English, you should definitely check out the films they made in Swedish. All three films are available on streaming last I checked, and are all good films.

There are many possible suggestions but I will start with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" Trilogy (along with the second movie "The Girl who Played with Fire" and the third "The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"). If you liked the books or are interested now that they are making the first movie in English, you should definitely check out the films they made in Swedish. All three films are available on streaming last I checked, and are all good films.
I thought the first one was really good. The other two were okay. Nice lesbo scene in the second or third one (can't remember which)- her girlfriend had great boobs.

I thought the first one was really good. The other two were okay. Nice lesbo scene in the second or third one (can't remember which)- her girlfriend had great boobs.

Yeah I agree the first was definitely a cut above the other two, no argument there. I think that is largely related to the fact that it has the best storyline and pace (which is often the case with the trilogies). I enjoyed them as a whole, especially after watching the first it may be difficult not to continue on. I think it is worth continuing on with the latter two.

a bit behind here, but i just saw being john malkovich

:couch:

dv7 and i get recommended really terrible b-movie zombie flicks.

he enjoyed Zombie Strippers.

the other night we attempted to watch Mutant Vampire Zombies in the Hood.

And as far as ridiculous b-movies go...

A Boy And His Dog (although I haven't had Netflix for months and it may no longer be streaming).

"A young Don Johnson stars as Vic, who roams a postapocalyptic wasteland accompanied by his telepathic, ever-grumbling dog and eventually winds up in the clutches of a female-dominated underground society that wants his sperm."

dv7 and i get recommended really terrible b-movie zombie flicks.

he enjoyed Zombie Strippers.

the other night we attempted to watch Mutant Vampire Zombies in the Hood.

I've been thinking about checking that one out. It has former child star C Thomas Howell. When you say you "attempted" to watch it I guess it was so bad it was unwatchable?

[you.tube] insert the code of the vid here [/you.tube]

Don't put the dots in

Thanks deacvision but for whatever reason I can't get anything to embed- I tried posting the embed code inbetween. Speaking of B movies, I quite enjoyed Leprechaun 5- In Da Hood. It stars Ice-T and the Leprechaun raps at the end of it:

Above is an attempt at embedding- nothing shows up. Maybe I need to change my settings on here. I'm using Firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed it for you, make sure you only include the video ID, not all the crazy code youtube gives you for embedding stuff. That's not needed. For tips on how to find the ID, check out the tech support forum.

I fixed it for you, make sure you only include the video ID, not all the crazy code youtube gives you for embedding stuff. That's not needed. For tips on how to find the ID, check out the tech support forum.

Sweet! Thanks cookout! :thumbsup:

Getting ready to watch the John Travolta movie From Paris with Love. Looks pretty cool.

I crush the tv shows on Netflix. 10 different seasons of SNL, Future Weapons, The Dollhouse, etc.

For movies: In The Mouth of Madness, Valhalla Rising, The Exam, Quid Pro Quo, Ong Bak

science-of-sex-appeal.jpg

is epic.

If you can watch the Norwegian film, The Troll Hunter, do it. The scenery was awesome and I really enjoyed the concept.

Back