• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

The new show Ben Mendelsohn is in is supposed to be good, I think? I thought I saw a few things about it anyway. I think it's on Netflix, too. Lemme find the name.

Edit - it's a movie and it's called The Land of Steady Habits. Edie Falco and Connie Britton in it, too. Mendelsohn was great in the first season of Bloodline, I thought, but I heard (I think on here) that the show went off the rails second season.

Last edited:
glad to hear it is decent, i bought it for $5 on itunes for a flight but never watched it.

It's on Netflix now if you want to return to it. It's this strange combination of buddy road trip movie and examination of gambling addiction, and I enjoyed both of the performances from the leads.

Jack Ryan is basically a politically correct version of 24.

I didn't read the books, so I don't know how the character is supposed to be, but Kraz doesn't strike me as anything like the Ford or Baldwin versions. I just wasn't buying it for whatever reason.

I still went through it in about 2 days so it was enjoyable enough, but the side story with the dude in Vegas was LOL bad and the character development of the baddies-- while a good idea-- was overdone.

Jack Ryan is basically a politically correct version of 24.

I didn't read the books, so I don't know how the character is supposed to be, but Kraz doesn't strike me as anything like the Ford or Baldwin versions. I just wasn't buying it for whatever reason.

I still went through it in about 2 days so it was enjoyable enough, but the side story with the dude in Vegas was LOL bad and the character development of the baddies-- while a good idea-- was overdone.

yeah it was pretty bad, but entertaining enough.

my wife really got a kick out of the Dr chick telling Ryan she just wanted to keep it casual and then fucking losing her shit about a CIA agent "lying to her" by using a cover story in the very next episode

also, everyone keeps telling Ryan the main lesson is that you can't win without playing dirty...and the show confirms that 100% and makes Ryan look like a putz

I know I'm late to the party, but we watched Nanette over the weekend. That was an intense glass case of emotion that I was not expecting, having avoided mostly avoided the misguided commentary about it. I think the part that stuck with me most, aside from the hilarious bit about the pride flag, was her point about reputation vs. humanity.

Atypical is a really good show...wife and I breezed through 2 seasons of it and enjoyed.

built up a lot of intrigue and was a good vehicle for Emma Stone to show off her range, but ultimately kinda fizzled plot-wise and never reached its full potential

Stone is a great actor though

meh, it's got some interesting visuals but i think people just like it because it references videogames. a solid B

Back