• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

So I didn't really enjoy the first ep of House of Cards.

Heavily stilted dialog with clunky delivery, overwrought music that makes the super exposition-heavy plotting seem melodramatic when the stakes haven't really been established yet, annoying that Kevin Spacey talks to the camera.

I guess I will watch another ep because the cast is stacked (plus Fincher) and I've heard such good things, but I thought that was a pretty piss-poor first ep.

ETA: the "lick my balls" line was awesome

Last edited:
So I didn't really enjoy the first ep of House of Cards.

Heavily stilted dialog with clunky delivery, overwrought music that makes the super exposition-heavy plotting seem melodramatic when the stakes haven't really been established yet, annoying that Kevin Spacey talks to the camera.

I guess I will watch another ep because the cast is stacked (plus Fincher) and I've heard such good things, but I thought that was a pretty piss-poor first ep.

ETA: the "lick my balls" line was awesome

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand second ep was incredible and I'm hooked and Kate Mara is the hottest.

House-of-Cards_sm.gif

Last edited:
Just watched Cabin in the Woods and liked it. Wasn't scary at all but rather thought provoking.

Just watched Cabin in the Woods and liked it. Wasn't scary at all but rather thought provoking.

Thought provoking? You want thought provoking? Watch the German film, "the silence"

I enjoyed the first season of Nip/Tuck. Hadn't seen it before. Is it worth sticking with it?

Yes, its very strong for the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Then it starts to tail off pretty severely.

Great call on Orange is the New Black, loving it.

I can't binge watch anymore, I have to only watch an ep at a time these days.

I have an HBO doc recommendation, not sure if its on Netflix yet. It about snowboarder Kevin Pearce called "The Crash Reel." Sucked me in and never looked back.

Great call on Orange is the New Black, loving it.

I can't binge watch anymore, I have to only watch an ep at a time these days.

I have an HBO doc recommendation, not sure if its on Netflix yet. It about snowboarder Kevin Pearce called "The Crash Reel." Sucked me in and never looked back.

Really enjoying Orange is the New Black as well. The only part that I can't get past is that Yoga Jones did the voice of Patti Mayonnaise on "Doug". Every time she speaks, all I can think of is that show.

I loved Orange Is the New Black. Just a great show and I'm actually sort of sad that I won't see any new episodes for like a year.

I thought House of Cards was okay, but I feel like it's vastly overrated simply because of Spacey and because Fincher directed the first 2 episodes. Never got behind Spacey's asides directly into the camera. Overall, I just felt like it was a show that tried to hit all the tropes of a "prestige" TV show, but the parts didn't add up to a satisfying whole.

I loved Orange Is the New Black. Just a great show and I'm actually sort of sad that I won't see any new episodes for like a year.

I thought House of Cards was okay, but I feel like it's vastly overrated simply because of Spacey and because Fincher directed the first 2 episodes. Never got behind Spacey's asides directly into the camera. Overall, I just felt like it was a show that tried to hit all the tropes of a "prestige" TV show, but the parts didn't add up to a satisfying whole.

I started Ornage..need to finish

funny show

Seriously. I'm glad that I finished the season before learning that.

British cop/crime dramas: Luther (Idris Elba), Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch), The Fall (Gillian Anderson), Prime Suspect (Helen Mirren), Hit & Miss (Chloe Sevigny), Wallander (Kenneth Branagh), etc. Even when they're not amazing, they're still well above average relative to their American counterparts. Just awesome television.

Back