• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

tenor.gif

Cubs open the 2018 season with a 8-4 win over the Marlins. The Cubs have played for the NL championship every year since this thread was started. It's not broke. Why fix it?

Happ has been a surprise. He was a first round draft pick and played well in the minors but he is showing more power than anticipated.

How is Happ on the base Path? I'd like to see better base running and speed at leadoff than the Cubs had last year

Maddon has indicated that Happ, Almora and Zobrist are the primary options at lead off to start the season.

58 strikeouts in 54 innings will hamper an offense. FWIW, the Reds pitchers lived on the black this afternoon. Credit where it is due.

Cubs finished 5-4 on a season opening eleven day road trip. All five starters had a quality start and the bullpen was outstanding. The offense needs to wake up. Any guess on how many home games get played?

2018 Chicago Cubs Thread (5-4)

Looks like the snow will stop by first pitch. Remains to be seen if they’ll still try to play.

Is this one of the longest road trips to start the season in Cubs’ history? I don’t ever recall starting with 9 on the road.

Game postponed by snow. It is the longest road trip to start the season in MLB this year and the longest I recall.

Quite the rally on Saturday.

Seems like it might be a roller coaster season -- I get that from our young bats but really hard to predict what we're gonna get from Darvish and Q every start. Very high ceilings but very low floors. Darvish melting down the way he did over a balk on Friday was a bad sign

Cubs beat the Cards 8-5 on a sunny, balmy 47 degree afternoon. Cubs with the best situational hitting of the year and were 5 for 9 with RISP. Rizzo shakes his slump with three hits and every other starter contributes as well. Lester solid for six.

Almora deserves a gold glove just for today and yesterday.

Back