• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Last time I was at Wrigley, a foul down the third base line hit someone in the head. EMS has to take her out, but they didn't delay the game.

Bryant triples home two runs then scores on a hilarious comedy of errors by Pitt.

Jorge Soler is very good too.

Four hits for Soler so far tonight. Bryant just doubled off the base of the wall in deep left center. Arrieta dealing. Fun team to watch.

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 6-5, Pitt road swing

For those of you that know more about baseball than I do---does Castro commit more errors than most because he has such a wide range of fielding, or does he just have a lot of mental lapses? He looks damn good tonight on several plays.

#smallsamplesizecubs

Soler 4-4 with a 2B and two runs
Bryant 2-3 with that comedy of a 2 RBI double that he eventually scored on

DO NOT BLOW THIS BULLPEN

Good dub. At worst I think we're competing with the Buccos for 2nd in the Central this year, so these gonna be huge games

I enjoyed the performance of Soler and Bryant in the 7th. They showed they can hurt a pitcher with a 100 mph fastball. A lot of late inning relief pitchers rely on heat for success and use a second pitch to set it up. Jorge and Kris will make you pay. Good omen. Arrieta appears to be picking up where he left off last year. BTW, Russell will begin to play 2B at Iowa. Maddon likes flexibility. Cubs also need offensive production at second.

Last edited:
For those of you that know more about baseball than I do---does Castro commit more errors than most because he has such a wide range of fielding, or does he just have a lot of mental lapses? He looks damn good tonight on several plays.

#smallsamplesizecubs

Castro has good range but mental lapses have been the reason for most of his errors. I suspect he will improve under Maddon's influence and with Baez and Russell in the wings.

Wonder what, if anything, this means for Baez. I know he has been dealing with the death of his sister for a while this season.

Pumped to see Russell though!

Wonder what, if anything, this means for Baez. I know he has been dealing with the death of his sister for a while this season.

Pumped to see Russell though!

If Baez learns better plate patience, the logical move would be to put Bryant in LF and move one of the other infielders to third.

He has a lot of work to do to be major league ready, though.

That would make sense as well. What a ridiculously talented and young infield that would be

I think anything could happen with Baez. I think he fits in here if we move someone out to left field (likely Bryant as Waldo says). He needs a lot of time still in AAA I think and needs to work on not striking out so much.

Back