• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Yikes bullpen. Quintana goes 5. Starters not going deep plus no reliable closer = probable early playoff exit.

Yikes bullpen. Quintana goes 5. Starters not going deep plus no reliable closer = probable early playoff exit.

Pulled him after 70 pitches. With this pen, they should have let Q go 8, it's his last regular season start - if we win the Central, he'd have like 7 days off.

Captain Hook might want to temper his tendency to go to the bullpen early. Chavez and De La Rosa are the only relievers pitching effectively. Everyone else is struggling.

Somehow we still have the #4 bullpen ERA in MLB, and the best in the NL. Did start the year very well but has been a putrid last month or so

2018 Chicago Cubs Thread

The pirates were hitting Q pretty hard contact wise but I would’ve let him go another inning or two. Gotta win tonight or likely need to sweep the Cards to avoid the playoff for the division.

Double play is Edwards best friend. Cishek came out throwing strikes, When he doesn't problems are brewing. Lester got better as the game progressed. Back in the day he keeps pitching. Chavez just throws strikes.

Chance to win the division and end the Cardinals season. Beautiful. Let's do it

To me, the most likely scenario seems to be a one-game playoff at Wrigley on Monday to determine the division winner. Would love to get the extra day(s) off, but I could easily see the Brewers sweeping and the Cubs winning 2 of 3 against the Cards.

Can’t see the Brewers losing more than 1 against Detroit. Will be hard to sweep the Cards with so much at stake.

Cubs get home field for a potential one-game playoff against the Brewers on Monday since we won the season series.

Cubs bats looked good last night, baserunning not so much. Should have put up at least 6 runs in that game.

Cardinals are fighting for their playoff lives, this is not going to be an easy series - and they have the 3 they want going in this series too, Wainwright, Mikolas and Flaherty. We are countering with Hendo, Hamels and Montgomery. Monty hasn't looked sharp recently, hasn't gone past 4 innings in 3 of his last 4 starts - Hamels appears to be losing his "change of scenery" bump. We need to win tonight.

Looking at the 3 pitchers the Tigers are trotting out there means their only real chance for a win is tonight with Zim, and I looked at his starts, the Tigers have only beaten one team above .500 with Zim on the hill. And it was the Cubs. Ugh.

This ump has been calling the outside strikes to righties all day and Hendricks paints one at 2-1 to Gyorko and gets called a ball. Follows that up with a strike at the bottom of the zone that goes for a ball, now its 2 on, 2 out in the 8th. Ugh.

Hendricks escapes. Is sitting at 199 IP for the year, has 104 pitches so far this game, but wouldn't pitch again until next Friday - wondering if he comes out for the 9th. Wilson is warming up.

Schwarbs was just given a day off, but he would start against a righty in place of Bote, would assume. Move KB back to 3rd.

Bote rather than Schwarber was a surprise, hence my question.

The playoff roster should prove interesting.

Bote rather than Schwarber was a surprise, hence my question.

The playoff roster should prove interesting.

Maddon said it was a rest day for him, dont think there is anything more than that.

Interesting to that KB is using his old swing in games, even with the shoulder injury. Apparently, he is just using the two-handed follow-through in BP to not put so much pressure on the shoulder. Swing looked ok today.

Whatever happened to the Cubs tv deal with WGN, which now televises the AAA White Sox games? Cubs demand too much $? Regular season down to one game with Montgomery on the hill. No television. It has been a long time since the Cubs were not in first place.

Good opp to get the job done tomorrow at home with the Brewers having exhausted their better starters over the weekend.

C'MON Q, need the good version more than ever tomorrow

Back