• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

The starters over the last few weeks have been great. There were a few hitches in this long streak of consecutive days played, but ultimately the Cubs have handled it pretty well.

2.5 clear of the Brewers with 11 to play in both the Central as well as the NL overall. Brewers elimination number sits at 10 and Cubs' playoff odds on Fangraphs is 100% (88% to win division).

Assuming we can finish off the division ... think I want a Rox/Brewers WC matchup. Don't want to play our arch rivals or the Dodgers. Wouldn't exactly relish taking on the Brew Crew either but not sure there's a way to avoid that, besides them losing the WC game of course.

Imagine it's prolly gonna be Cardinals/Brewers tho since the Dodgers and Rox are going for the division as well and play each other a couple more times, so the Cards just need to be better than one of those two

Assuming we can finish off the division ... think I want a Rox/Brewers WC matchup. Don't want to play our arch rivals or the Dodgers. Wouldn't exactly relish taking on the Brew Crew either but not sure there's a way to avoid that, besides them losing the WC game of course.

Imagine it's prolly gonna be Cardinals/Brewers tho since the Dodgers and Rox are going for the division as well and play each other a couple more times, so the Cards just need to be better than one of those two

I would pay good money to miss the Dodgers in the playoffs this year.

So sick of them. Will be rooting hard for the Bravos if that's the NLDS matchup, be nice to at least have a little variety in who we're playing

Allen Webster called up as Morrow is sent to the 60 Day DL.

Not sure if I have mentioned him before, or if anyone remembers - he was the guy that the Dodgers refused to give up for Ryan Dempster oh so many years ago before we ended up trading him for Kyle Hendricks. He was then the headliner in that crazy Dodgers/Red Sox deal that sent Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett and Adrian Gonzalez to LA. He is a full on reclamation project, but was also a 3 time top 100 prospect. Looked good in limited action in AA/AAA this year, so we'll see.

Cubs statement: "We take allegations of domestic violence seriously and support the League's decision to place Addison Russell on administrative leave given new details revealed today. We will continue to cooperate with the League's investigation so the appropriate action can be taken."

ct-cubs-aroldis-chapman-20160812

Also, Strop had a couple of blown saves, but has been lights out the last couple of months.

We should get to see Allen Webster or the latest Iowa closer, Dakota Mekkes, get some run over the next couple of weeks

They should give Dillon Maples some run. I know the control is spotty but the guy is a K machine and he only needs a good streak - a little lightening in a bottle.

Uh oh #biffsrevenge

Hopefully not another prolonged offensive swoon

I've been nothing more than a casual fan this season, but I did not see this late slide coming. Although I guess our offense has been super streaky. Really need to snap out of it tonight against Biff's Bucos.

I'm done with baseball for 2018. Wild card is fine, it's football season now.

This pen is too tough to watch.

All's well that ends well!

Prolly gonna need to run the table to go straight into the NLDS though, I kinda doubt Detroit beats Milwaukee at all

Back