• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Can't believe we won no games while trailing heading into the 9th last year. That's remarkable.

BOOM

Just looked at MLBTV online Premium and its $83 with my student discount. Worth it?

I had it last year and absolutely loved it. If I could get it at that price it would be a no brainer.

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 7-5, Bryant = stud

I had it last year and absolutely loved it. If I could get it at that price it would be a no brainer.

Yeah it sounds like a great deal. If I'll be able to access it at my hotel in Cambodia (morning baseball!) I'll do it. Apparently our wifi is pretty solid.

Another ninth inning comeback win? On the road? Outstanding! Russell makes his debut and goes hitless with 3 strikeouts. Hope he is just following the script that Bryant is following. It has been a long time since the Cubs opened their season this well.

Sidenote: how bad are the Brewers? Can't play them soon enough since they're giving out free wins to everbody

Wild game. Having to get Rizzo, soler, and Bryant as your last three outs even up two runs is a challenge. We made them pat. That's a great comeback win. Russell 0-5 but Bryant had a bad opener too and he's been quite fine.

Rizzo really having a solid start to the year. He's not getting a lot of pitches in the zone early on in the season (only 37.7% of pitches), and he just hasn't really swung at many balls outside the zone (only 20.5% of the time does he swing at them). Combine that with his high contact rate (82.3%) and you see why he doesn't really strike out much while getting on base a ton.

Obviously his OBP at this point isn't sustainable but he's seeing the plate really well right now - in addition to getting plunked A LOT. He's already been hit six times this year which I think I read is a Cubs' record for the month of April and there are still 8 days left. Seems like he's crowding the plate just a little bit more than he had in the past but it's hard to tell for certain.

Rizzo really having a solid start to the year. He's not getting a lot of pitches in the zone early on in the season (only 37.7% of pitches), and he just hasn't really swung at many balls outside the zone (only 20.5% of the time does he swing at them). Combine that with his high contact rate (82.3%) and you see why he doesn't really strike out much while getting on base a ton.

Obviously his OBP at this point isn't sustainable but he's seeing the plate really well right now - in addition to getting plunked A LOT. He's already been hit six times this year which I think I read is a Cubs' record for the month of April and there are still 8 days left. Seems like he's crowding the plate just a little bit more than he had in the past but it's hard to tell for certain.

#2 Hitter, engaged.

Yeah I liked the lineup yesterday. I'd rather have Rizzo bat before Soler than vice versa.

Watching Rizzo, Soler, Bryant, and Castro let Melancon's curves go in the 9th was really encouraging. I think Castro even mentioned after the game that none of those pitches went for strikes. When Russell came up later in the inning and laid off what I think was a second-pitch curve, you could hear a few "attaboys" and "there you go" from the dugout.

Yeah I liked the lineup yesterday. I'd rather have Rizzo bat before Soler than vice versa.

Watching Rizzo, Soler, Bryant, and Castro let Melancon's curves go in the 9th was really encouraging. I think Castro even mentioned after the game that none of those pitches went for strikes. When Russell came up later in the inning and laid off what I think was a second-pitch curve, you could hear a few "attaboys" and "there you go" from the dugout.

I think I like Rizzo at the #2 better too, but I think it would be better for Rizzos stats if he batted after soler, as of now, people still arent respecting him, so Rizzo isn't getting jack to hit - and you saw what Soler did when he got pitches in front of Rizzo.

Back