• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Mike Baxter - he can play first and corner outfield while - but leaves us with only 4 bench players, Baxter, Lake, Herrera and Ross - yuck.

Cubs have had 13 pitchers on the roster frequently since last year. Maddon appears willing to play his starters on an everyday basis, using his bench for pinch hitting and strategic purposes. The absence of Denorfia and LaStella to injury weakens an already thin bench. This early in the season and with the youth of the team it should work and could provide Bryant, Soler and Russell confidence and an opportunity to learn quickly.

Last edited:
MOAR errors

We're gonna ruin a great outing by Hammel by losing on a bunch of errors and a couple 8th inning bunts.

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 21-16, West Coast Swing

Our bullpen sucks dicks

And boom Coghlan hits his second HR. Down 4-3 with two outs. Baxter in to PH with two outs...

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 21-16, West Coast Swing

Fuck that was close. Baxter out by a half a step.

I have no idea why I watch close games in the late innings. Our bullpen fucks if up EVERY TIME.

Last edited:
Stating the obvious...3 errors = 3 unearned runs = loss. Strop's performance since the beaning in Milwaukee...7.1 IP, 9 H, 8 ER, 5 W, 8K. He has allowed runs in 4 games and inherited runners to score (last night) twice. I was concerned about the effect of the beaning after it occurred. It appears to have diminished his aggressiveness and confidence. Maddon should consider changing his role until he rights the ship.

Cubs win 3 -2. Surprise! Surprise! The bullpen provides 4.1 innings of scoreless relief to secure the victory. Three runs produced with 2 hits and aggressive small ball. A win is better than a loss, but the bats need to wake up.

Cubs win 3 -2. Surprise! Surprise! The bullpen provides 4.1 innings of scoreless relief to secure the victory. Three runs produced with 2 hits and aggressive small ball. A win is better than a loss, but the bats need to wake up.

Its because I didn't/couldn't watch

No bullpen tonight. Cubs win 3 - 0. Kyle Hendricks pitches a complete game, five hit shutout. 7 K's, 0 W's. One Padre reached second base. Absolutely no drama. Bryant hit a two run HR in the first and Russell hit a solo shot in the seventh for the Cub scoring. A pleasure to watch.

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 22-17, WADA!

If we can get this kind of pitching 60% of the time ...

WATCH OUT

GO CUBS GO!

Hendricks absolutely dominated last night. Bryant's really been doing a great job at the plate.

Cubs potentially looking at bringing on Rafael soriano - hope they don't spend too much on him.

They also picked up Mark Schlereths kid, Daniel, and he's pitching at iowa. Doing what they can...

Cubs lose 5-4 in 13 innings. Rondon, one strike from a save, blows it in the 10th. Brasky, were you watching this game around that time? Then again, the only inning of the game I watched via Gameday was the 10th. Never mind.

That was brutal. One strike away and then give up a bomb to tie the game. Thought we had that one. I tuned in during the 8th after festivities and caught the rest of the game and it was an entertaining one at least.

Anthony Rizzo is becoming a goddamned superstar in front of our eyes

Cubs comeback and win 9-6. Anthony Rizzo hits a three run double and a three run HR. Strop with the no drama save. Sure was a surprise to me!

Back