• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

2-25 with RISP - 7 total hits in 3 games. They did have 6 players on base by walk or being hit, which is good. But we need to find those boom sticks if we are going to be able to do anything.

Rizzo is now 2-6, with a .636 OBP. Trying to turn into Joey Votto, I'm thinking - I'll take it - just need some bats behind him to bring him in.

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread (1-2, three runs three games)

As my bro Roy Wood Jr. so eloquently stated, the season doesn't start until we call up Kris Bryant

Fuck this moneyball no offense shit. I almost bought a $150 cheap flight to Denver for tonight's game. NOPE.

Plus it's still cold Colorado.. What's up with that?

Last edited:
Bats woke up last night in Colorado. Hope they stay awake for a while. Apparently, Olt's injured wrist incurred when he was hit by a pitch has social media and Steve Boros clamoring for Bryant's arrival. Won't happen until the clock is done ticking.

Yeah the clamoring is a media-created frenzy only exacerbated by Boros diligently advocating for his client. Just ridiculous.

Bats definitely looked good last night and for pitching in Denver I thought Hammel looked pretty solid overall. Would be a big win this afternoon to take the series. Hope Hendricks can get the job done. I think it's somewhat strange that we don't just get Lester back out there since he hasn't pitched in a week but I'm not a manager.

Never change, LaTroy.

And kudos to our pen for 4 2/3 innings of 3 hit ball to keep us in it

Last edited:
A ninth inning comeback for a win? On the road? The Cubs? I don't recall the last time that occurred. Good to see this early in the season. Now they know what it feels like. These kind of victories are essential to become a winning team.

Man the bullpen has been good so far this season. Really hope Lester bounces back today but think it may be a couple more rough starts before he gets the innings under him.

Bryant is heating up - 4/8 with a double and 2 HR in his last two Iowa games. Hoping he can watch those Ks, definitely think there will be some growing pains when he comes up. Russell looking good too (maybe better).

I am also a big fan of Vogelbach in West Tennessee - he is going to surprise a lot of people, he is being overlooked because he is a plus power prospect and only hit 16 HRs in high-A ball last year, but I think he will be solid trade bait for the team as he crushes it in West Tenn this year. Would love to see him on the big league club, but there is some other guy at first that may be there for awhile.

Man the bullpen has been good so far this season. Really hope Lester bounces back today but think it may be a couple more rough starts before he gets the innings under him.

Coke and Motte were both ?? coming in - hoping they can both keep up the pace so far, as we need someone else besides Ramirez and Strop to man innings 6-8.

Also, I am rooting to see James Russell make it back up, he was a solid loogy the last couple of years and could be a great addition to the pen if anyone goes down.

Lester's got a pretty solid xFIP through one game that his earned runs and allowed hits didn't really reflect.

Cards' BABIP was .571 which is ridiculous. He'll be fine.

Bryant is heating up - 4/8 with a double and 2 HR in his last two Iowa games. Hoping he can watch those Ks, definitely think there will be some growing pains when he comes up. Russell looking good too (maybe better).

I am also a big fan of Vogelbach in West Tennessee - he is going to surprise a lot of people, he is being overlooked because he is a plus power prospect and only hit 16 HRs in high-A ball last year, but I think he will be solid trade bait for the team as he crushes it in West Tenn this year. Would love to see him on the big league club, but there is some other guy at first that may be there for awhile.

he has a career iso below .200. he's a worse version of billy butler.

he has a career iso below .200. he's a worse version of billy butler.

I would 100% take him as a slightly worse Billy Butler in trade bait - thats a decent return.

But, I agree with your point - and I also am a homer and think higher of him than others - so that is a personal bias.

I would 100% take him as a slightly worse Billy Butler in trade bait - thats a decent return.

But, I agree with your point - and I also am a homer and think higher of him than others - so that is a personal bias.

i just hate him because he's fat and a bunch of people on my rays' blog always clamor for him.

i just hate him because he's fat and a bunch of people on my rays' blog always clamor for him.

Gotta imagine its cause hes a florida kid from 2 hours down the road and he had a bunch of press when he was a junior/senior in HS. Thats also probably why I clamor for him.

That and there's a portion of the fan base that "just wants a hitter. "

Cubs are in line for a Wild Card spot more than 3% into the season. NEXT YEAR IS NOW.

Back