• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Starwin, Montero and Fail Caesar are left to bring this home. Against 103 MPH heat. Yay.

Rizzo still hasn't gotten an extra-base hit. Compare that to last year when he went .283/.407/.457 in April. Still too early to be alarmed, but his dead bat is certainly hurting the team right now.

That said, he's getting HBP like a boss.

Rizzo still hasn't gotten an extra-base hit. Compare that to last year when he went .283/.407/.457 in April. Still too early to be alarmed, but his dead bat is certainly hurting the team right now.

That said, he's getting HBP like a boss.

He hit like shit all spring too - hoping with Soler getting going he will start to get some pitches to hit and he actually starts swinging at them.

Soler just makes such solid contact every time he's up to bat. I'm really excited to watch him grow and mature over the next few years. Cannon of an arm makes him even more exciting.

Why do so many pitchers have such horrible beards?

E: Also, back in 1st

Last edited:
Like seeing this out of Wood - telling you he still has good stuff - and since he is cost controlled for one more year, could be a solid piece in a trade mid year to bring back another top line pitcher.

An impressive start esp since we've been playing no mugs -- Cards, Rocks and Reds all playing good ball outta the gates. Colorado yet to lose to anyone not named the Cubs and looking on the way to another W tonight and a 6-0 road start, yet we took 2 out of 3 a mile high.

Pads should be a further good test and a fun series

An impressive start esp since we've been playing no mugs -- Cards, Rocks and Reds all playing good ball outta the gates. Colorado yet to lose to anyone not named the Cubs and looking on the way to another W tonight and a 6-0 road start, yet we took 2 out of 3 a mile high.

Pads should be a further good test and a fun series

I think the Rox and Reds fall off before the end of the year - both have great hitting, but pitching issues. Cueto is actually a guy I would love to see the Cubs get midyear, but I dont think the reds trade him in division.

Yeah, not saying they're any great shakes over the long run, but they're playing well right now

I think the Reds probably finish last in the Central but 5-3 start is decent against anyone. Wood looked great last night and I agree he's going to likely be trade bait midseason. Hopefully he can get some good starts over the next couple months.

Good to see Rizzo hit a dinger last night, really caught a hold of that one. Cubs doing a really good job getting on base in a variety of ways so far. I think I saw we have 30 walks through 8 games which is a solid walk rate. Phil Coke has been great out of the pen which in general has also been very solid so far. Padres will be a fun series and after today's off day the Cubs have 13 games in 13 days so better get rested today.

I think the Reds probably finish last in the Central but 5-3 start is decent against anyone. Wood looked great last night and I agree he's going to likely be trade bait midseason. Hopefully he can get some good starts over the next couple months.

My worry is that he is pitching well and we package him with some prospects to get an above average pitcher, which he already can be - like I would hate to trade him away and he is having a solid year to get someone like Garza level that may not even be an upgrade.

As a Padres fan, really excited for the Cubs Series coming up. All Day games, weird even for Wrigley I think, no?

We are back at the top of our rotation with Shields, Ross, and Cashner. Shields has been as advertised over 2 starts against Dodgers and World Champ Giants. Won 2 out of 3, with our 3-5-6 starters against a struggling AZ team which was a great result i think.

Upton is Hot. Kemp is hitting for avg, but no HRs yet. Myers is goofy as a leadoff hitter and CF, but strong talented kid. Norris might be my favorite addition already after calling pagan a dickhead. (http://thebiglead.com/2015/04/10/an...orris-norris-calls-him-a-dickhead-after-game/)
Middlebrooks is pretty worthless at the plate still, but really good glove at 3rd. Gyorko is way off right now. Should see some Solarte at 2B against RHP because of that.

Hoping both the Cubs and Padres get into playoffs. Would be a fun West playoff race with Dodgers, Nats, pads, Cubs, Anybody buy giants.

I was confused by the thread title for a split second.

Wound up on Kerry Wood's wiki.

Wonder what he's been up to since retirement.

Oh nothing. Paddleboarding. Discovering a corpse. You know. Chicago stuff.

Back