• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

We need to not let TLS play the field - he is terribly average at 2B and poor at 3B

And a TLS error extends the inning and the cards capitalize with a 3 run homer - his second error of the game, 3rd in the past two days. Seriously misjudged that he could play a decent 3B. Good bat though.

Grimm, Strop and Rondon do the job but not without drama. Thursday is off, then the Phillies, Dodgers and Diamondbacks visit Wrigley for a 10 game home stand.

And a TLS error extends the inning and the cards capitalize with a 3 run homer - his second error of the game, 3rd in the past two days. Seriously misjudged that he could play a decent 3B. Good bat though.

He saved Jakes ass in the bottom of the 5th with 2 outs and bases loaded with a diving stop and throw to 2nd to save 2 runs (Molina was on 1st due to leaning into a pitch but is slower than a snail). The errors were tough plays that he should have made though.

Offense finally clicking.

Pitching (well Jake and the bullpen) coming back down to earth a bit.

Good day for an off-day before the Phillies this weekend (who are still 5 games above .500 despite a -31 RD).

Phillies pitching has been tough, we set up well to miss Nola - but still will get Velasquez on Sunday versus Lackey. Eickhoff and Morgan don't scare me - good matchup with Lester on Friday.

Heyward & Rizzo sitting, Szczur and Baez starting today - odd coming off an off day, but whatever.

Offense finally clicking.

Pitching (well Jake and the bullpen) coming back down to earth a bit.

Good day for an off-day before the Phillies this weekend (who are still 5 games above .500 despite a -31 RD).

Phillies are unreal in low scoring, one run difference games this year. Lots of 2-1, 3-2 type wins. Along with some 8-1 type blowout losses that keep the run differential high negative.

It is a different line up. Heyward gets an extra day to mend and Rizzo is slumping. With ten consecutive game days I imagine everyone will get a day off. I wonder what Lester's reaction was to the batting order.

Im not watching, can someone update me on the double error that just happened that allowed the Phils to score?

Phillies are unreal in low scoring, one run difference games this year. Lots of 2-1, 3-2 type wins. Along with some 8-1 type blowout losses that keep the run differential high negative.

Which is why it's likely unsustainable.

Im not watching, can someone update me on the double error that just happened that allowed the Phils to score?

I'm on GameTracker too and have no idea.

Also, Kris Bryant making his first career start at first base today.

Man on first, one out. Routine fly to center that hits Fowler in the mitt and he drops it. Lackadaisical throw to third on target gets under the glove of Baez. hits the base and pops down the third base line. Ross grabs the ball and throws to third but late. Runners on second and third and one out rather than runner on first and two outs. E on Fowler and on Baez. Looked like something you'd see in little league from a bad team. Next batter hits fly to RF. Szczur throw home is late. Wonder what Lester is thinking now?

Last edited:
Since the tenth game of the season Ben Zobrist has slashed .381/.483/.593 with a 16.4% walk rate that is more than double his 7.5% strikeout rate. Those numbers are good for a .458 wOBA and a 191 wRC+ over that stretch.

Crazy.

CjfJUb-VAAAjINz.png

Back