• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Sucks that Arrieta had to lose, but it's nice to take 3/4 from the Dodgers.

Cubs beat Dodgers 7-2. Home runs by Baez, Heyward, Bryant and Rizzo power the offense. Hendricks in complete command for his fourth win. Diamondbacks visit Wrigley for three day games to end the home stand. The beat goes on.

Cubs allowed 16 total hits in the 4 games combined against the Dodgers, best since 1934. That includes Richards and Cahill blowing up in game 2.

Lester 4 hits, Hendricks/Wood 3 hits, Hammel/Wood/Grimm/Strop/Rondon 1 hit, Jake/Richard/Warren/Cahill 8 hits - starting pitching went 27 innings, 10 hits, 3 ER.

Saw on twitter that if you only counted the Cubs wins by 5+ runs, they would still have the best winning percentage in the NL Central (19-15)

Saw on twitter that if you only counted the Cubs wins by 5+ runs, they would still have the best winning percentage in the NL Central (19-15)

They are one of only 4 teams ever to have at least +134 run differential through 52 games.

I mean, its all for nothing if we pull a 2001 Mariners or something - but fun for now.

Archie Bradley looking good for the DBacks - he was a Cubs trade target in 2013 when we were trying to trade Matt Garza, Cubs wanted Bradley and Tyler Skaggs and the DBacks scoffed, and later traded Skaggs and Adam Eaton for Mark Trumbo and junk.

The Diamondbacks intentionally walked Montero to get to Baez, who promptly cleared the bases with a double.

That's an...interesting decision with 2 outs.

That escalated quickly.

Seriously. Left the office 1-0 with 2 outs. Get in my car and its 3-0 and then 5-0 and 6-0 when I get to the next intersections (I think I have the numbers right).

Regular little league performance by the Diamondbacks in the eighth. Two IBB, Two HBP, throw into stands, dropped fly ball that hits the center of the mitt. Russell and Baez deliver two run doubles to make the gifts pay off. Pitching is unreal.

Ho-hum. Another day, another win.

Edit. Jason Hammel gets his seventh win and the game winning hit as well. That's doing it all. I bet he'll be in the middle of the party celebrating.

Last edited:
Back