Page 14 of 276 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 5511

Thread: 2020 Chicago Cubs Thread 60 Games Here We Go

  1. #261
    Yessss.
    Mother So Dear '12

  2. #262

  3. #263
    Edwin Jackson. Winner

  4. #264
    Another 9th inning W!

  5. #265
    Can't believe we won no games while trailing heading into the 9th last year. That's remarkable.
    Mother So Dear '12

  6. #266
    BOOM

    Just looked at MLBTV online Premium and its $83 with my student discount. Worth it?

  7. #267
    I have at bat and love it.
    Mother So Dear '12

  8. #268
    I had it last year and absolutely loved it. If I could get it at that price it would be a no brainer.
    Hungry

  9. #269
    Samesies. Had it for 4 years.

  10. #270

    2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 7-5, Bryant = stud

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    I had it last year and absolutely loved it. If I could get it at that price it would be a no brainer.
    Yeah it sounds like a great deal. If I'll be able to access it at my hotel in Cambodia (morning baseball!) I'll do it. Apparently our wifi is pretty solid.

  11. #271
    How long are you in Cambodia? It's a pretty long season.
    Hungry

  12. #272

    2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 7-5, Bryant = stud

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    How long are you in Cambodia? It's a pretty long season.
    I'll be in Cambodia and SE Asia for around 7 weeks

    Still contemplating buying though

  13. #273
    Another ninth inning comeback win? On the road? Outstanding! Russell makes his debut and goes hitless with 3 strikeouts. Hope he is just following the script that Bryant is following. It has been a long time since the Cubs opened their season this well.

  14. #274
    Sidenote: how bad are the Brewers? Can't play them soon enough since they're giving out free wins to everbody

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    How long are you in Cambodia? It's a pretty long season.
    It does a location check for blackout rules, so I don't know what that means for Khmer Rouge Summer Camp.

  16. #276
    Wild game. Having to get Rizzo, soler, and Bryant as your last three outs even up two runs is a challenge. We made them pat. That's a great comeback win. Russell 0-5 but Bryant had a bad opener too and he's been quite fine.

  17. #277
    Rizzo really having a solid start to the year. He's not getting a lot of pitches in the zone early on in the season (only 37.7% of pitches), and he just hasn't really swung at many balls outside the zone (only 20.5% of the time does he swing at them). Combine that with his high contact rate (82.3%) and you see why he doesn't really strike out much while getting on base a ton.

    Obviously his OBP at this point isn't sustainable but he's seeing the plate really well right now - in addition to getting plunked A LOT. He's already been hit six times this year which I think I read is a Cubs' record for the month of April and there are still 8 days left. Seems like he's crowding the plate just a little bit more than he had in the past but it's hard to tell for certain.

  18. #278
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Rizzo really having a solid start to the year. He's not getting a lot of pitches in the zone early on in the season (only 37.7% of pitches), and he just hasn't really swung at many balls outside the zone (only 20.5% of the time does he swing at them). Combine that with his high contact rate (82.3%) and you see why he doesn't really strike out much while getting on base a ton.

    Obviously his OBP at this point isn't sustainable but he's seeing the plate really well right now - in addition to getting plunked A LOT. He's already been hit six times this year which I think I read is a Cubs' record for the month of April and there are still 8 days left. Seems like he's crowding the plate just a little bit more than he had in the past but it's hard to tell for certain.
    #2 Hitter, engaged.

  19. #279
    Yeah I liked the lineup yesterday. I'd rather have Rizzo bat before Soler than vice versa.

    Watching Rizzo, Soler, Bryant, and Castro let Melancon's curves go in the 9th was really encouraging. I think Castro even mentioned after the game that none of those pitches went for strikes. When Russell came up later in the inning and laid off what I think was a second-pitch curve, you could hear a few "attaboys" and "there you go" from the dugout.

  20. #280
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Yeah I liked the lineup yesterday. I'd rather have Rizzo bat before Soler than vice versa.

    Watching Rizzo, Soler, Bryant, and Castro let Melancon's curves go in the 9th was really encouraging. I think Castro even mentioned after the game that none of those pitches went for strikes. When Russell came up later in the inning and laid off what I think was a second-pitch curve, you could hear a few "attaboys" and "there you go" from the dugout.
    I think I like Rizzo at the #2 better too, but I think it would be better for Rizzos stats if he batted after soler, as of now, people still arent respecting him, so Rizzo isn't getting jack to hit - and you saw what Soler did when he got pitches in front of Rizzo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •