Page 14 of 276 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Chicago Cubs Thread 60 Games Here We Go

Yessss.
    Mother So Dear '12

Edwin Jackson. Winner

Another 9th inning W!

Can't believe we won no games while trailing heading into the 9th last year. That's remarkable.
    Mother So Dear '12

BOOM

Just looked at MLBTV online Premium and its $83 with my student discount. Worth it?

I have at bat and love it.
    Mother So Dear '12

I had it last year and absolutely loved it. If I could get it at that price it would be a no brainer.
    Hungry

Samesies. Had it for 4 years.

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 7-5, Bryant = stud

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    I had it last year and absolutely loved it. If I could get it at that price it would be a no brainer.
    Yeah it sounds like a great deal. If I'll be able to access it at my hotel in Cambodia (morning baseball!) I'll do it. Apparently our wifi is pretty solid.

How long are you in Cambodia? It's a pretty long season.
    Hungry

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 7-5, Bryant = stud

I'll be in Cambodia and SE Asia for around 7 weeks

Still contemplating buying though

Another ninth inning comeback win? On the road? Outstanding! Russell makes his debut and goes hitless with 3 strikeouts. Hope he is just following the script that Bryant is following. It has been a long time since the Cubs opened their season this well.

Sidenote: how bad are the Brewers? Can't play them soon enough since they're giving out free wins to everbody

It does a location check for blackout rules, so I don't know what that means for Khmer Rouge Summer Camp.

Wild game. Having to get Rizzo, soler, and Bryant as your last three outs even up two runs is a challenge. We made them pat. That's a great comeback win. Russell 0-5 but Bryant had a bad opener too and he's been quite fine.

Rizzo really having a solid start to the year. He's not getting a lot of pitches in the zone early on in the season (only 37.7% of pitches), and he just hasn't really swung at many balls outside the zone (only 20.5% of the time does he swing at them). Combine that with his high contact rate (82.3%) and you see why he doesn't really strike out much while getting on base a ton.

Obviously his OBP at this point isn't sustainable but he's seeing the plate really well right now - in addition to getting plunked A LOT. He's already been hit six times this year which I think I read is a Cubs' record for the month of April and there are still 8 days left. Seems like he's crowding the plate just a little bit more than he had in the past but it's hard to tell for certain.

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Rizzo really having a solid start to the year. He's not getting a lot of pitches in the zone early on in the season (only 37.7% of pitches), and he just hasn't really swung at many balls outside the zone (only 20.5% of the time does he swing at them). Combine that with his high contact rate (82.3%) and you see why he doesn't really strike out much while getting on base a ton.

Obviously his OBP at this point isn't sustainable but he's seeing the plate really well right now - in addition to getting plunked A LOT. He's already been hit six times this year which I think I read is a Cubs' record for the month of April and there are still 8 days left. Seems like he's crowding the plate just a little bit more than he had in the past but it's hard to tell for certain.
    #2 Hitter, engaged.

Yeah I liked the lineup yesterday. I'd rather have Rizzo bat before Soler than vice versa.

Watching Rizzo, Soler, Bryant, and Castro let Melancon's curves go in the 9th was really encouraging. I think Castro even mentioned after the game that none of those pitches went for strikes. When Russell came up later in the inning and laid off what I think was a second-pitch curve, you could hear a few "attaboys" and "there you go" from the dugout.

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Yeah I liked the lineup yesterday. I'd rather have Rizzo bat before Soler than vice versa.

Watching Rizzo, Soler, Bryant, and Castro let Melancon's curves go in the 9th was really encouraging. I think Castro even mentioned after the game that none of those pitches went for strikes. When Russell came up later in the inning and laid off what I think was a second-pitch curve, you could hear a few "attaboys" and "there you go" from the dugout.
    I think I like Rizzo at the #2 better too, but I think it would be better for Rizzos stats if he batted after soler, as of now, people still arent respecting him, so Rizzo isn't getting jack to hit - and you saw what Soler did when he got pitches in front of Rizzo.