• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Rizzo's patience and selectivity at the plate is serving as an example to the rookies. Castro is off to a great start offensively and defensively. Both are leading with performance and both seem to be responding positively to the contributions of the newcomers and the aggressiveness of management.

Castro really looks more mature this year. His comments after the last two games are really encouraging. I wonder if seeing all the younger guys coming in made him take on a more nurturing role with the team.

Castro really looks more mature this year. His comments after the last two games are really encouraging. I wonder if seeing all the younger guys coming in made him take on a more nurturing role with the team.

Likely had something to do with it - he also moved his whole family to the us earlier this year to get away from some bad elements - he said he knows he needs to be more mature after that shooting incident thing.

Snowing during a baseball game? Whatever.

Decent rally - but likely coming up short - scored two after loading the bases with no outs.

Not a bad loss, a lot of fluke balls got in play early on against us.

Had a chance to tie it up again late and just didn't get the hit we needed.

If we can take 3/4 with a win tomorrow I would be very pleased headed into a weekend series vs the Reds.

The good thing about the Cub is they are at least getting watchable in their loses - last couple of years having to sit through the Cubs starters going out and giving up 2 or 3 runs over 7 innings, while the Cubs have like 2 hits, was tough.

Yeah, more power to you for that DaDeacs. You are truly a trooper

Yeah, more power to you for that DaDeacs. You are truly a trooper

Watching Shark and Arrieta games weren't bad - but we still ended up losing more than we should have. Shark still has it - watched the Sox/Indians game yesterday and he was dealing in standard Shark format, lots of pitches, getting batters deep into counts, but it was good - would love to see him come back next year (its not going to happen, just saying).

How did such a disproportionate number of Wake alums end up Cubs fans? I don't get it.

Indeedy.

Cubs or Barves. Easy choice.

woody doesn't get it because New England for a long time has been the only real area of the country that doesn't get WGN -- gotta keep that Red Sawx hegemony in place. But now no one outside Chitown gets Cubbies games there anywaze :tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear:

Last edited:
I'll admit to the losses in the past few years brining a waning interest in baseball around the all-star break.

Ugh, bases loaded, one out, Castro grounds into a double play - would liked to have put this one out of reach early.

Indeedy.

Cubs or Barves. Easy choice.

woody doesn't get it because New England for a long time has been the only real area of the country that doesn't get WGN -- gotta keep that Red Sawx hegemony in place. But now no one outside Chitown gets Cubbies games there anywaze :tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear:
New England got all the Braves games on TBS back in the 90s. Had never heard of WGN until now.

Yeah I figured out two years ago that people up here had no idea what WGN was which was baffling. I'm pretty sure it's literally in every other part of the country, it's a national station.

Looks like it is everywhere but "some" parts of the western United States (WGN's language not mine) and New England.

Back