• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Growing up, WGN was one of the only stations we got besides basic network channels - they are now shifting to original content, which is why they dropped the Cubs games (and it got too pricey for them).

Used to be, every day afternoon I would come home from school or summer camp or wherever the hell I was to a game on since they didn't play any night games - would get to watch Ryno and Hawk daily. Memories, like the corner of my mind.

I love watching games from PNC Park. It is like a competition among the fans to see who can look the most like Jim Leyland.

The Smokies have a sick team this year - Schwarber and Vogelbach are crushing the ball so far. Almora is struggling, and starting to get worried about his bat - he is amazeballs in the field, but if he cant hit, hes got nowhere to go. But, Black, Pena and Batista are cruising as starters.

Batista is looking smooth transitioning to a starter. The minors are still looking good - loving our pitching in the low minors with Underwood, Tseng, Black, Batista, Pena and Edwards once he gets back on track. Add in Pierce Johnson once he comes off the DL and Pinyero coming back from an injury and I like the future here.

Underwood looked really good against the Dash last weekend. Nice that the cubs have an affiliate in the Carolina League again.

Lester still strugglebus, and can't hold a runner - but getting better.

Pen looked awesome again - good win, now we need to see if err cab hit DeSclafani who shut us down last time.

Also, Russell looks way overmatched so far.

It was good to see the bullpen bounce back with five scoreless innings. Russell does look overmatched at the plate but seems OK defensively. I imagine Russell will be given some time to adjust. He is seeing pitches he has never seen before. Hopefully, he will be the opposite of Alcantara, Lake and Baez who had nice starts then struggled. Struggle then take off. If not he will join them at AAA for more seasoning. Soler is piling up strikeouts as well. Work in progress. Like the way these guys are playing together. This guy Maddon appears to be the real deal.

glad today's game got canceled. No sense in playing in that shitty weather. I wouldn't want Arrieta picking up an injury pitching on a cold, rainy day.

Wainwright may have ruptured his achilles! I'll be saying my prayers tonight

And answered.

The time is now, especially with Cy Arrieta on our side

Get off yo damn high horse.

It's been 107 years. I don't care what it takes. Tho I spose I'll draw the line at people dying, I guess

Get off yo damn high horse.

It's been 107 years. I don't care what it takes. Tho I spose I'll draw the line at people dying, I guess

+1. I don't wish injury on anyone (at least long lasting injuries), but if someone has to tear his Achilles, it may as well be the Cardinals' ace.

Hammel delivered his best performance of the year with 8 shutout innings. Rizzo and Bryant each drove in 2 runs. Cubs cruise to a W. I can get used to this... hope it continues.

Back