• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Pirates put up a four spot in the 8th to cut our lead to 10-9 going into the bottom of the inning.

OMG Starlin tried to tag up on a pop fly to barely RF. Was thrown out by 30 feet.

Way to waste 1st and 3rd with one out guys.

LOL Polanco trips over himself on an equally short pop up and Starlin walks home

11-10 Cubs in 12

Bottom of the seventh, Cubs lead 2 -1. Bullpen is blown out. No problem. Jon Lester gives you 7 innings of one run ball. It's been a long time since the Cubs had a true #1 stopper. I forgot what they looked like. Lester keeps reminding me. Hope the bullpen holds or the Cub bats erupt. Both would be good.

Both were good. Cubs add two runs in bottom of seventh via small ball fundamentals. Coke and Motte shut down Bucs in eighth after Schlitter gives up hits to first two batters. Travis Wood gains a save with a 1-2-3 ninth. Cubs win 4 - 1. First 6 game win streak since 2011. Go figure.

Going for the homestand sweep today. Hope Jake throws another solid outing.

Wood in the bullpen yesterday was interesting. Makes me expect Wada next time around.

Cubs lose 3-0. I'll take a 6-1 home stand any time. Wada be will recalled and start Wednesday. Other roster moves tbd.

Yeah knew Wada was in the mix when Wood came in for relief. Not a great day for the bats, but a great homestand overall. Off day and then going west!

Per reports, Phil Coke is to be DFA. Schlitter optioned to Iowa. Wada returns from rehab as the fifth starter. Lake recalled from Iowa. Cubs continue to carry 13 pitchers. Szczur has to be scratching his head and wondering. Lake may be given an opportunity to win the LF job given Coghlan's struggles at the plate. I keep thinking Coghlan will break out offensively, but it hasn't happened.

Yeah Coghlan can't consistently put the ball in play so far this year. Three game swing through San Diego starts tonight. Padres miss Lester and Jake.

Cogs stuggled in April and May last year too - I think we will be a solid platoon guy out there by the end of the year.

So, uh, not sure how I missed this from this morning, but Beef is now a Seattle Mariner. Brasky should be excited, we got back Yoervis Medina, who was a solid righty out of the pen for the last two years, but apparently can't find the plate this year.

Medina is going to AAA now, but assuming he rights it a bit, should have him and Ramirez coming up soon, would assume that means DFA for Ejax and maybe Motte? Not sure. Its insurance at least.

Schlitter, Coke and Castillo are removed from the 25 man roster. Wada has been added. Lake is not on the Iowa roster so I assume he will be added to the Cubs roster. That leaves an opening. There are 13 pitchers on the roster. Does anyone know who the 25th player will be?

Back