• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Its bad jake so far today - he is efficient, but struggling with the long ball.

Bryant just doubled in a run, Cubs still down 2-1

Strop hasn't looked good since the beaning. Seems to be throwing more sliders and change-ups, without much success. Fowler's error did not help. Trying to give this game away.

Last edited:
Yep Strop has definitely been an issue. It was a really good game even though we lost - thoroughly entertaining.

Wada with a good outing. Left a runner on first in the 6th with two outs tied at zero. Bad news is we need bullpen to get a minimum of 10 outs while still scoring. I don't like our chances.

Yep 1-0 right after Wada comes out. Eight pitches to two batters produced six balls, a walk, and a run-scoring hit.

Cubs win 2-1 in the bottom of the 11th. Kudos to David Ross for the game winning hit. The bullpen gave up no runs, 2 hits, 3 walks and fanned 7 in 5.1 innings. I'm waiting for Maddon to give Wada the opportunity to close out the sixth. The pen has allowed his inherited runners to score in all three of his starts.

Cubs win 5-1 behind Hammel's 11 strikeout, one run performance. Everyone contributes something offensively and the bullpen provides 2.1 innings of shutout relief. Good start to the road trip. Hope Hendricks stays in the groove tomorrow.

Its day off night - solers out nursing injury and addison and montero getting a night off - replaced by junior lake, jon herrera and david ross. Bryant starting in left too.

Woof - hendricks needs to be good tonight.

Ankle issue - I think he hurt it running through first last night.

Hendricks looks okay early on. Timely hits there to take the 2-1 lead back.

Hard to win when you can't score. Cubs have played 14 games since the 6 game winning streak in May. Their record is 6-8. They have scored 42 runs in those games. They have scored more than three runs four times. The pitching staff has given up only 46 runs. The problem is obvious. BTW, Szczur has replaced Baxter.

Last edited:
Back