• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

I think we will wind up dealing Castro for some pitching later in the year. What are we doing at second base though? Russell will be the everyday shortstop and we could move Castro to second for a while.

I don't think Castro moves - would be too tough to make that transition in season without him ever playing there before. His status depends on what they think of Russell - they are going to try him at 3rd in AAA to see what it looks like - he is the better defensive SS, though, and Castro will be dealt before Russell if they think Addison can hit in the bigs. I don't know if it will be this year, though, unless they get a sweet deal - which they haven't gotten yet. There were a bunch of rumors that they were looking to get young pitching from the Mets for Castro in the offseason, but nothing came of it, and what I read was that Epstein wasn't getting the value he expected for Castro, even though he is still really young and on a great contract.

Baez is still the 2B of the future - in the meantime, TLS is young and serviceable, same with Mendy, until they figure out if Baez can fix his Ks.

Castro has consistently improved in the field IIRC even though he still gets a lot of scrutiny for his defensive "woes"

I'm really interested to see how Arietta does this year. Healthy he should hit 200 innings but he's due for some regression IMO. Need a good performance tonight.

Tonight's game postponed due to inclement weather. No makeup date announced yet but they have some time.

Tomorrow's game starts at 2:20

Castro has consistently improved in the field IIRC even though he still gets a lot of scrutiny for his defensive "woes"

I'm really interested to see how Arietta does this year. Healthy he should hit 200 innings but he's due for some regression IMO. Need a good performance tonight.

Eh, I think Castro hasn't gotten any better and he has a tendency to make a lot of boneheaded plays. Russell is the better player in the field right now.

I actually think Arrieta is for real, but we'll see. Bosio has him at a high level ever since he put on a cub uniform. I think he will be better than Lester this year.

Bros anyway to watch our Cubbies on my phone for free? I got class all day.

I'm guessing the answer is no.

Probably not...I know extra innings is free through 4/12.

Wonder if Castro will ever stop swinging at pitches a foot outside the strike zone.

Ready for a shaky 1st half of the season and then hopefully things start to come together as Maddon gets used to the national league & all the young guys get back to the big league club.

First and third with Castro up. Soler broke up the perfect game in the 4th with a triple.

80824698.gif

0-15 with RISP on the year. We aren't scoring a run this year apparently.

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread (0-1, bats dead in opener)

Your ex wife must've loved all those pictures saved on your computer. Your current predicament is starting to make a little more sense to me now.

Rizzo still without a hit through a game and a half. Small sample size but he struggled during the spring as well.

Arrieta looked great today. Hopefully the pen can hold off the Cards the rest of the way.

Still a lot of struggles today with RISP. Bryant should be a huge help there.

Baseball in winter coats just seems wrong.

Back