• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

It was fun seeing Carlos Marmol closing for the cubs again today.

That reminded me more of Joe Borowski, cause he (more times than not) would actually get the job done. But I lost decades off my life watching it happen

Said before but will say again, a damn shame max one of the Cardinals, Pirates or Cubs will make the NLCS

Also, I am thinking Almora heard me, after a terrible first half, these are his second half numbers. It would be awesome if he could get this together and become a staple roaming center in Wrigley for awhile to come.

Games - 26
At Bats - 98
Runs - 23
Hits - 29
Double - 9
Homeruns - 3
RBIs - 18
Walks - 12
Ks - 11
SBs - 3
AVG - .296
OBP - .375
SLG - .480
OPS - .855

^^^It appears international competition agrees with him.

Off the beaten path. It appears that the Arizona desert air agrees with Wellington Castillo. .985 OPS since becoming a Diamondback.

Cubs defeat the Brewers 6-3. Haren records his eighth victory with the aid of 3.2 innings of shutout relief. Russell gets his first save. Team offense continues as seven different players either score or drive in a run. Castro relieves Coghlan late and plays second base after not playing in three games. Maddon is incredible. I wondered how Tampa Bay was consistently competitive given their personnel. Now I know.

Last edited:
Another win. Ho hum.

Even the useless Cards did something good by beating the Pirates. Gimme dat home field for the wild card

Cubs beat the Brewers 3-2 on a walk off HR by Miguel Montero in the bottom of the 10th, their 11th walk off win this season. Bryant his 16th HR in the second to tie the game and Russell contributed an RBI single to give the Cubs a lead that would stand until the ninth.

Rondon with the wild pitch to allow the tying run but Montero with a solid shot to win it.

Cubs have really been rolling.

Another win. Ho hum.

Even the useless Cards did something good by beating the Pirates. Gimme dat home field for the wild card

Cards win, Cards win. Just trying to help you Cubbies out.

Yeah, the Cubs won. Beat the Brewers 9-2. Lester goes a solid 6 innings for his eighth win. Fowler, Rizzo, Denorfia and Schwarber (twice ) go deep to propel the offense. Laugher's are always fun. This weekend the Cubs go cross town vs. the White Sox. With all due respect to fellow Cub fans, you have to be from Chicago to truly appreciate this series. For years it was a single game played mid-summer that did not count in the standings. Played purely for pride and bragging rights. Cub and Sox fans can get along, just like they show on TV. They can also get to the point where talking stops, all hell breaks loose and feelings get bitter.

Back