• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Whelp, that was fun - Votto 3 run homer ends all chance of a comeback.

Oof - Bryant giveth, Bryant taketh away.

Cubs lose to Reds 7-4. LaStella and Rizzo hit solo HR's. Bryant with a two run shot in the eighth to tie it up 4-4. Bryant extends the ninth with an error and Reds capitalize when Votto hits a 3 run HR. Frustrating series. Cubs would fight back only to watch the Reds retake the lead.

Here's to it being an odd year.

Though let's keep winning b/c the Giants have four -- FOUR -- games left vs. teams over .500, LAD at home the last week of the year, and we only four back of the Bucs who just got swept in Milwaukee and head to StL next

Not sure why we didnt just throw in Wada to eat these last 4 innings, wasting an inning of Grimm seems weird.

Not sure why we didnt just throw in Wada to eat these last 4 innings, wasting an inning of Grimm seems weird.
I agree. Maddon has been a revelation to me as a manager and the Cubs are fortunate to have him. One reservation I've had since early season. His management of the bullpen often leaves me scratching my head. Quick hook and loves left/right matchups. The bullpen is showing wear and tear and could use more rest. Hope Bosio and Maddon know best.

Bombs away. Cubs win 14-5. Lester secures his ninth win. Russell (2), Rizzo and Baez homer. A lot of contributions. Everyone in the starting line up scored and all but Fowler had an RBI. Keep it rolling.

Cubs beat Diamondbacks 2-0. Arrieta pitches eight innings of four hit shutout baseball and secures his MLB leading 18th victory. Rondon gets his 26th save. Fowler hits his 16th HR. Cub offense had a hangover after splurging yesterday, but Arrieta made certain of the victory.

Pitching at Wrigley a little harder than pitching at Chavez Ravine, no matter what the wind does. Give it to him

Idk....Dodgers have a couple solid picks. But yeah Arrieta is cruising. Hopefully he can dominate the impending one game playoff.

Back