Page 8 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Chicago Cubs Thread 60 Games Here We Go

I'm excited for the weekend series too. Should be a fun one. I was also thinking the 220 times are series for all three games. I feel like the saturday game is normally at night (or more regularly at night than the other two I should say)

We didn't have any Saturday night home games between '98-11 but we've had just a handful since, basically whenever Fox shows our games during their night time summer run. Weekend neighborhood ordinances and whatnot.

Some memorable Sat night games back in the day tho -- remember Sosa clubbing a few on WGN under the weekend lights at Wrigley

Tempted to sneak out of the office at lunch and find my way in to Wrigley this afternoon. It's incredible how the energy around the team has changed dramatically just because there's reason to believe that the Cubs will try to win this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wsc8521s View Post
    We didn't have any Saturday night home games between '98-11 but we've had just a handful since, basically whenever Fox shows our games during their night time summer run. Weekend neighborhood ordinances and whatnot.

Some memorable Sat night games back in the day tho -- remember Sosa clubbing a few on WGN under the weekend lights at Wrigley
    Good call. Maybe that's why I was thinking Saturday nights were a little more common than the other two. It actually looks like barring a Sunday night ESPN game or something, we generally play three straight day games on F/S/S.

Just saw the Cubs lineup for today's game. Soler, Rizzo and Bryant will hit in the 2-3-4 spots in that order.

Skimmed through last year and it looks like the Cubs didn't play a single night game at home on Friday. Excluding day/night DH's, there was one Saturday night home game, and then two Sunday night home games.

Quote Originally Posted by BTB View Post
    Just saw the Cubs lineup for today's game. Soler, Rizzo and Bryant will hit in the 2-3-4 spots in that order.
    Yep and have the pitcher in the 8 spot still. Herrera at the 9 and Fowler still lead off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Good call. Maybe that's why I was thinking Saturday nights were a little more common than the other two. It actually looks like barring a Sunday night ESPN game or something, we generally play three straight day games on F/S/S.
    Since the Cubs have always been limited by ordinance in how many night they are allowed to host, they typically don't waste night games on weekends when they're certain to sell out. The majority of night games tend to be Monday and Tuesday night where they're far more likely to draw a bigger crowd than they would if the game were during the day.

Skimmed through last year and it looks like the Cubs didn't play a single night game at home on Friday. Excluding day/night DH's, there was one Saturday night home game, and then two Sunday night home games.
    Right, because those are games that sell out regardless of what time they start.

Alex Cora says he hasn't seen Bryant make any diving plays at third nor has he seen his defense at all, so he thinks everyone should slow down the praise a bit on him. Not that it's necessarily a huge indicator of how he will do in the majors on third, but he did get named best defensive 3B in the PCL last year by the managers. Height could be an issue though for the position.

Since the Cubs have always been limited by ordinance in how many night they are allowed to host, they typically don't waste night games on weekends when they're certain to sell out. The majority of night games tend to be Monday and Tuesday night where they're far more likely to draw a bigger crowd than they would if the game were during the day.
    Great point. With increased number of night games permitted (up to 46 or something I think), should see a handful more weekend night games over the next few years.

pretty exciting stuff. i'll defs be tuning in while working today.

Dickie Hemric
    Alex Cora says he hasn't seen Bryant make any diving plays at third nor has he seen his defense at all, so he thinks everyone should slow down the praise a bit on him. Not that it's necessarily a huge indicator of how he will do in the majors on third, but he did get named best defensive 3B in the PCL last year by the managers. Height could be an issue though for the position.
    His defense sucks thats why we are likely moving him to the OF - he will likley be servicable at best at 3B, but whatever, better than having to see Herrera in the lineup every day.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    His defense sucks thats why we are likely moving him to the OF - he will likley be servicable at best at 3B, but whatever, better than having to see Herrera in the lineup every day.
    Herrera's playing second base today.

Wonder where Mendy fits in to all of this now. Versatile guy who will likely still get a lot of run but I don't know if he will be an everyday guy if he can't start hitting the ball.

Dickie Hemric
    Herrera's playing second base today.
    Yeah, I know - not sure why they aren't playing Mendy today. Once La Stella gets back we should be able to let Herrera go back to AAA.

Dickie Hemric
    So mad I don't have FSS on my tv, going to have to find somewhere to go watch this game.

Attaboy Kris. Turning the DP in his first defensive inning.

First touch of the ball. The legend begins