• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

My guess is that Rizzo, Bryant and Baez are all looking for nine figure contracts. If they have good seasons this summer they could secure those contracts. That would also make the Cubs much better than anticipated by the experts.

Homer commented about extensions - said he's confident Rizzo will get done. Just said he's been in touch with the agents for Baez and Bryant.

Sounds good for Riz.

Not sure if anything was learned from a series with the Bucs, but at least Cubs took 2. Might need to cut back on the strikeouts - 84 ABs with 32 K's for Cubs hitters against a pretty bad Pirates staff. Willy and Joc combined to go 0-19 with 11 Ks in the series. Yikes.

Also seems like 2B is going to be pretty even split platoon for awhile until someone goes on a hot streak. Ross seems to love Marisnick as well, which is fine, but not sure he should be taking Happ's ABs.

What options do I have living in NC with DirectTV to get the Marquee Sports Network?

What options do I have living in NC with DirectTV to get the Marquee Sports Network?

I bought MLB.tv again this year, it was discounted if you had it last year down to like $89. MLB app is on most (all?) smart tv's, figured that was my easiest way - and can watch from my phone on the weekend when I am following the kid around to all his stuff. It's like $125 or something if you are a new subscriber - but they have deals throughout the year - generally on July 4th or Fathers Day they will offer it up for some crazy low rate.

MLB.tv is the best option. Pay the dough, enjoy the games. You will forget about the $ after about four games.

First game of Ross tinkering- starting Marisnick and Duffy over Joc and Jhey against a lefty.

Big bats go boom. Little guys play small ball. Good start by Trevor Williams. Chafin quells the Brew crew with four straight strikeouts. Then surprise, surprise ! Alec Mills does a 3 up, 3 down to earn the save. The tinkering worked tonight.

Cubs are 3-1 while collectively batting .157. Small sample size and all, but not a lot of hits going on. Hoping that isn't a trend.

Homer commented about extensions - said he's confident Rizzo will get done. Just said he's been in touch with the agents for Baez and Bryant.

Sounds good for Riz.

Sounds like this is dead in the water. Riz was on the radio this morning and said he doesn't see a need to re-engage, that he feels he gave the Cubs enough chances to figure it out. I doubt his agent wouldn't listen if the Cubs came back with an amazing offer - which is possible if the stadium continues to open up. The Cubs were planning on operating this year with minimal fans, that could change a lot of their expected revenue stream.

Brutal to watch. Woodruff has 7 ks in 5 innings and only thrown 46 pitches. After getting 1 hit yesterday.

Someone needs to kick them in the butt - let's see a Rossy ejection.

Cubs have a COVID outbreak - sounds like there are a few of them that wont take the vaccine. Sogard is definitely one of them, based on his families twitter and instagram accounts.

The cubs have 49 hits in 10 games - they haven't had a 10 game stretch like this since 1901. Don't really see it getting any better either. KB looks fine. Baez is the definition of frustrating - he swings and misses at 3 straight bad pitches for 2 at bats, then cranks a homer on the 3rd - still a great bad ball hitter, but he cant get by with these K rates.

Alzolay looked dominant for 5 innings, leaving with 1 out and the bases loaded and Chafin lets them all score. Davies and Williams got tattooed by the Bucs. Not much to like about the team so far.

Twice as many strikeouts as hits. So much for contact.

Alzolay looked good last night. I would have left him in to get out of his own jam. At least one more batter. I understand why Ross pulled him but he has to learn what is required to succeed in those situations.

Bullpen did a good job last night. Two thumbs up for Ryan Tepera. He threw a 95 mph fastball behind Brewer starter Brandon Woodruff to send the message hitting Wilson Contreras would not be tolerated. Contreras hit the game winning 2 run HR to send a message as well.

Alzolay sent down. Shelby Miller called up. Also Romine is back, the dude who swung at the ball that hit him in the weiner is DFA'd.

This might be a shuttle move until AA's next start and make sure they don't have to release Miller.

Cubs trying their best to set records for the fewest hits by a team to start the season since 1901. They may have tied the record for the first 12 games today. 59 hits in 12 games. If you are going to be bad, be historically bad.

Shelby Miller faced five batters this afternoon. Gave up 2 hits, issued 3 walks resulting in 4 earned runs. What about that release?

The law of averages. Always fun to watch the game a slumping team breaks out. The key game is tomorrow. Do the bats keep thumping or go back to sleep?

Shelby Miller thumped again. At least he has an ERA....63.

Alzolay hasn’t been terrible, whereas Miller...must be some sort of roster manipulation.

Back