• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Quiet rest of the night. Still lots of smoke coming about a Cubs/Mets swap, with the Mets saying the Cubs asks are waaaaay too high. There have been a couple of people suggesting it might be Baez and not KB that is moved to the Mets - based off Baez's comments about only playing 2B again if he can play next to Lindor (when he comes back).

A lot of the crystal ball people picking KB to the Giants. Gotta assume Kimbrel is gone, they are just waiting for the right price and/or last minute. Davies name has been thrown around a lot, he won't get much, but sounds like he is going to be moved.

The Cubs active roster is presently 24. Twelve pitchers and twelve position players. It could get real ugly by tonight.

The Cubs active roster is presently 24. Twelve pitchers and twelve position players. It could get real ugly by tonight.

The Cubs play the Nats this weekend. The Nats roster is in a similar state of disarray from trades and a COVID outbreak. This will be a AAA series.

That Berrios return is huge - man, if Cubs can get another massive prospect for Kimbrel and a solid one for KB, would be the best we can hope for as the saddest deadline in recent history. Cubs farm is already rapidly moving up the rankings.

Madrigal is the exact type of hitter the Cubs needed in their lineup for 2018-2020.

The Cubs are going to be missing a whole lotta pop in this lineup removing Rizzo, Bryant and Baez - and don't seem to be replacing it. Is there a chance they keep KB to work on an extension? I mean, no, not likely at all. The 2022 Cubs would look AMAZING with a Rizzo & Castellanos resigning. Just saying.

Add RH reliever Codi Heuer to Madrigal. The White Sox wanted Kimbrel enough to pay the asking price. Nice trade.

Add RH reliever Codi Heuer to Madrigal. The White Sox wanted Kimbrel enough to pay the asking price. Nice trade.

If the Cubs can pull a Strop-like change with Heuer, could be a solid return. He is controllable, can strike out dudes, but gives up ding dongs at an alarming rate this year for an RP - 12 of his 22 ER are on homers.

The announcers on MLB are excited about a Lindor and Baez combo. Just announced that Baez is going to the Mets. Deal not done but in place.

edit. Trevor Williams to be included.

Last edited:
Sounds like the headline coming back for Baez is Pete Crow-Armstrong. I mean, its the Mets #5 prospect - hes a 45 future value guy, might slot in somewhere in the top 10. Defense first CF - he's young, so room to grow. Ok, I guess.

I expected more from the Mets for Baez and Williams. Crow-Armstrong on the 60 day and is done for the year. Torn Labrum. Outstanding defender and classic leadoff hitter. He'll likely go to Myrtle Beach next year.

Back