• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sepp the Incorruptible

So why now? Why not last week? What changed since he adamantly defending his re-election only a few days ago.

So why now? Why not last week? What changed since he adamantly defending his re-election only a few days ago.

Again, it's either he's about to skip town/be arrested, or sponsors are threatening to withhold $$. The South Africa letter isn't enough - it's just more of the same from last week.

Oh wow, randomly checked ESPN.com

Wow. Awesome.

What impact does this have on anything regarding the 18/22 WC's?

Is this a way to prevent action for 2022?

Sepp Blatter: “We need a limitation on mandates and terms of office. I have fought for these changes but my efforts have been counteracted.”

He now officially has less shame than Rod Blogojevitch.

Fought hard while running for reelection??

Not so sure. It's looking like his replacement won't take over till the Winter.

That's lone reason why I said Russia was probably safe because the time is so short, just over two years. But Qatar ... they are probably cooked. Sepp (and bribe money) was the main thing they had going for them, and too much is against them.

Awesome news. Would love a rebid/vote for 22 WC! 18 as well, but I'd settle for 22.

The list of countries with no extradition treaties with the US:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and

Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central

African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial

Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan,

Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands,

Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal,

Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,

Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu,

Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

Out of that list, I'm thinking Sarajevo or Belgrade - better climates than Minsk. Or maybe Hue or Hong Kong if he's into good SE Asian food. Doha prolly isn't a good choice if Qatar might lose the WC. And whatever he does, stay the eff away from Nepal - he could get lynched by any 1 of 1000 families who have lost loved ones to poor work conditions in Doha.

original

English FA chairman Greg Dyke "If I was the organisers of the Qatar World Cup I wouldn't sleep well tonight"

Blatter on Friday: “Why would I step down? That would mean I recognise that I did wrong.”

Just watched the John Oliver clip... absolutely hilarious. Hope that the sponsors pulled out.

Dear world,

you're welcome

Love, Murica

24-900x582.jpg

Back