• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sepp the Incorruptible

The more I think about it, maybe Almaty would be okay if he doesn't mind cold winters. And Morocco is a stable and pretty country - maybe Casablanca, Rabat or Agadir. Agadir has that nice golf course at the palace, and I've read that Marrakesh has beautiful views at sunrise.

Now, if the Mexican National Soccer team could just vanish, this would be a near perfect day for soccer.

There are some organized organizations in Mexico who might could make that happen. If the price is right.

But no, I don't share the same sentiment. Folks from Mexico are so into their national team, and they're really our only rival.

So why now? Why not last week? What changed since he adamantly defending his re-election only a few days ago.

Speculation is he can now hand pick his successor, whereas if he didn't run after the arrests, he would hand presidency to the Prince.

Now ESPN is reporting Sepp is an FBI target, so maybe that's why.

And just to update, apparently Hong Kong is out because that's the only city in China that does have extradition with the US. So if he likes China, maybe Macau or Shanghai instead. Then see the sights in Xian when you feel like going on holiday.

If you take away Putin's toy he may have a tantrum and start WWIII.

This is what I've been saying for a while. Let him have his toy so he can concentrate on skimming WC $$ rather than spending his time doing more dangerous things.

So, Sepp has resigned just four days after telling FIFA delegates in his campaign speech that he was there for them and would always be there for them. The guy's truly incredible, mendacity beyond belief.

I pay literally 0 attention to any kind of soccer, but this whole saga has me completely captivated.

One thing I haven't seen brought up - in the US, we have this little thing called the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. I am no FCPA expert but I think US companies have some pretty serious exposure if they pay bribes or allow anyone to pay a bribe on their behalf. I wonder how many big FIFA sponsors have been having some long tense phone calls with their FCPA lawyers over the last week or so.

It's definitely Russia. I would go with Djibouti, always wanted to go there.

Which will result in a whole new round of drama when the "you give us Sepp or no WC for you Russia" rhetoric cranks up.

Last edited:
I pay literally 0 attention to any kind of soccer, but this whole saga has me completely captivated.

One thing I haven't seen brought up - in the US, we have this little thing called the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. I am no FCPA expert but I think US companies have some pretty serious exposure if they pay bribes or allow anyone to pay a bribe on their behalf. I wonder how many big FIFA sponsors have been having some long tense phone calls with their FCPA lawyers over the last week or so.

Agreed. The political theater here is great. Really enjoying it even though I only otherwise pay attention and really enjoy the WC.

voc1o7.jpg

Don't let the door hit ya!

voc1o7.jpg

Don't let the door hit ya!

Rofl! Thanks for that.

Funny how everyone is claiming the US is doing this because of the 2022 WC, but the indictments are related to bribes for the 2010 South Africa WC. So the Justice Department has been on this for a while. Just hope we get real change and not another crony put into place.

Rofl! Thanks for that.

Funny how everyone is claiming the US is doing this because of the 2022 WC, but the indictments are related to bribes for the 2010 South Africa WC. So the Justice Department has been on this for a while. Just hope we get real change and not another crony put into place.

Half of twitter: loving the US (that's nice for a change) 1/4: sucking John Oliver's dick because they thought he did it, 1/8: happy as shit because it happened and that's all, 1/8: ZOMG US WANTS 2022 AND THATS WHY THEY DID IT!!!111!1!

Back