• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sepp the Incorruptible

i cannot wait for the entire world to see the majesty that is Tampa, Florida when Uraguay and France square off in Raymond James Stadium

If I was Obama et al. I might be willing to let Qatar 2022 roll on if they could extract something of value in the region. I know 2022 is a disaster of epic proportions waiting to happen (already happening I guess) but I think there are worse problems going on in the region that maybe the Qatari and other Arabian states might more actively help out on if we play ball and don't shut them down. I honestly couldn't think of a worse political embarrassment for a country than to have something like this taken away, which is a huge leverage point for us.

Sorry I guess this is more politics board stuff.

I've yet to see a name in the hat that makes me feel good about the future

Half of twitter: loving the US (that's nice for a change) 1/4: sucking John Oliver's dick because they thought he did it, 1/8: happy as shit because it happened and that's all, 1/8: ZOMG US WANTS 2022 AND THATS WHY THEY DID IT!!!111!1!

That's got to be the most pro-American twitter breakdown of all time.

“I know that they are criminal scum, and I’ve known it for years,” he said. “And that is a thoughtful summation. That is not an insult. That is not throwing about wild words.”
“These scum have stolen the people’s sport. They’ve stolen it, the cynical thieving bastards,” he said. “So, yes, it’s nice to see the fear on their faces.”

<3

Has such a public international body ever fallen apart like this in such a public way?

I mean if you refresh The Guardian's rolling live blog each hour a new chip is falling. Jack Warner saying tonight FIFA money basically bought the Trinidad & Tobago national elections. And he's hidden documents with a third party because he fears being killed.

Crazy Jack has an "avalanche" of evidence

Former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner claims he knows why Sepp Blatter resigned and says he has an "avalanche" of evidence regarding alleged corruption at the sport's governing body.
In a political address entitled "The gloves are off" broadcast in Trinidad and Tobago, Warner said he feared for his life, but would reveal everything he knows, stating he had instructed his lawyers to contact law enforcement officials in his homeland and overseas. Warner also said that when he heard Blatter was stepping down, he wrote to him urging his immediate departure from FIFA.
"Blatter knows why he fell. And if anyone else knows, I do," Warner said. He said some of the documents he had related to financial dealings with FIFA, some of which are being investigated by US authorities.
But he also said he had documents linking FIFA officials, including Blatter, to the 2010 government election in Trinidad and Tobago.
Warner used the pre-recorded broadcast, televised on TV6 in Trinidad and Tobago, to say he has compiled a file of documents that shows "a link between FIFA, its funding and me, the link between FIFA its funding and the United National Congress (UNC) and the People's Partnership government in (Trinidad and Tobago's) general election 2010."
The TV6 website reported that in the five-minute broadcast, Warner said the file "also deals with my knowledge of international transactions at FIFA, including its president Mr. Sepp Blatter and, lastly, other matters involving (Trinidad and Tobago's) current prime minister."
Warner added: "I apologize for not disclosing my knowledge of these events before. There can be no reversal of the course of action I've now embarked upon. I have kept quiet, fearing this day might come. I will do so no more. I will no longer keep secrets for them who actively seek to destroy the country. I reasonably actually fear for my life."
http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...d=606428984226611200&adbpl=tw&adbpr=119593082

Back