• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sepp the Incorruptible

FIFA has a budget of $5.38 Billion. They spent (according to their own website) $70 million on developing women's soccer globally last year. (This is after doubling their investment recently - another thing they tout on their website.)

Imagine what another $27 million could have done for the promotion of the sport to over half of the world's population.

meh

Agreed. People just don't give a shit.

Normally, I am not the type to get worked up about equality. Yeah, I'd like to see it. Yeah, inequality is wrong. Etc. I've just never gotten worked up about it.

But this, this pisses me off for some reason. Maybe it's because I love soccer, or hate FIFA, or both. I don't know.

That's not much to spend to grow the base of women playing and watching soccer.

Saw a report earlier today that Ricardo Teixeira, the corrupt former Brazilian ExCo member and relative of Joao Havelange, claimed that Spain and Qatar agreed to vote for each other's bids for the 2018 & 2022 World Cup. Apparently under FIFA rules this should have resulted in both bids being disqualified

Saw a report earlier today that Ricardo Teixeira, the corrupt former Brazilian ExCo member and relative of Joao Havelange, claimed that Spain and Qatar agreed to vote for each other's bids for the 2018 & 2022 World Cup. Apparently under FIFA rules this should have resulted in both bids being disqualified

that has long been a rumor too

Last edited:
That's all well and good except for the part where he said he wouldn't be a candidate

Back