• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sepp the Incorruptible

8142194bf2ebabf8b80a1c4a6efcb41f.jpg

Who you got Sepp or the prince?

Vote delayed by bomb threat.

Price Ali wins. Recount called for. Blatter wins in a landslide. Prediction.

Blowout for Sepp. Way too many small African and Caribbean countries who feed off the FIFA $$$ teat.

Looks like the US will just have to take over and fix FIFA like we did Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yeah, Sepp will win today. But I read where UEFA might think about withdrawing from FIFA. If there is no real change at FIFA over the next year or so, is there any chance that UEFA actually does this and that CONCACAF and CONMEBOL follow suit and start a rival association? I mean as a practical matter Asia and Africa are pretty irrelevant at the WC.

Yeah, Sepp will win today. But I read where UEFA might think about withdrawing from FIFA. If there is no real change at FIFA over the next year or so, is there any chance that UEFA actually does this and that CONCACAF and CONMEBOL follow suit and start a rival association? I mean as a practical matter Asia and Africa are pretty irrelevant at the WC.

Many CONCACAF members are loyal to Blatter as well.

per the guardian (i feel like dv7), Conmebol (the confederation for South America), presumably feeling abandoned by Blatter, looks to now be backing Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein, which would increase the chances of the vote going to a second round.

Alfredo Hawit of Honduras has been appointed the new president of Concacaf, after the previous incumbent, Jeffrey Webb was dismissed on Thursday – the Fifa vice president was one of the officials arrested on Wednesday. Jack Warner is also a previous president: big shoes to fill Alfredo!

More of the Caribbean nations than USA/Canada/Mexico/Central America nations.

This is what I was getting at. International soccer doesn't need Anguilla. If UEFA, CONMEBOL and US/Canada/Mexico/Central America were to leave FIFA, then FIFA ceases to exist - or at least have any relevance. After a while, Asia and Africa would also want to join the new organization's WC. Does anyone outside of Asia and Africa watch Asian and African countries play?

Oliver KayVerified account
‏@OliverKayTimes
OH MY GOD. At Fifa congress, they' just tested e-voting system by asking delegates if Germany won World Cup. Five per cent said no! #FIFA

Back