• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sepp the Incorruptible

Those millions could be going to promoting the sport in countries that could use the influx of cash. It could go towards promoting the sport to women across the world. The $150 million in bribes these 14 people allegedly took would provide 6 million One World balls to disadvantaged communities across the world.

http://www.oneworldplayproject.com/

Just guessing, but I'm thinking that the bribers likely wouldn't have spent $150 million if all they got was the chance to give away soccer balls, etc in return.

Just guessing, but I'm thinking that the bribers likely wouldn't have spent $150 million if all they got was the chance to give away soccer balls, etc in return.

Yeahhh, so many of the bribes came straight from the FIFA accounts. But I'm sure you already knew that because you are super smart and speak about things of which you have researched. That's probably why you backed the Coach That Shall Not Be Named for so long. Your true attention to detail and knowledge of sport in general is a milestone for us all to follow. I salute you!

Yeahhh, so many of the bribes came straight from the FIFA accounts. But I'm sure you already knew that because you are super smart and speak about things of which you have researched. That's probably why you backed the Coach That Shall Not Be Named for so long. Your true attention to detail and knowledge of sport in general is a milestone for us all to follow. I salute you!

Thanks. :)

image.jpg

That's not the point. The point is that these "leaders" in world soccer chose to illegally enrich themselves instead of promoting the sport.

FIFA is doing a disservice to countries that don't already have the infrastructure in place to handle the WC like the US, Spain, France, Italy, England, Germany, etc. I'm all for promoting the game worldwide and diversity of locations, but Brazil has a $275MM stadium sitting in the Amazon now rotting after being used four times and yet still is home to some of the worst slums on Earth.

FIFA didn't force Brazil to host the World Cup. That's on Brazil.

Why was that stadium built there in the first place? Bribes from local officials?

FIFA didn't force Brazil to host the World Cup. That's on Brazil.

Why was that stadium built there in the first place? Bribes from local officials?

That's why I called it a disservice. FIFA dangling this WC host carrot in front of countries whose officials accept bribes and spend a billion dollars with little to no benefit to their citizens.

I have no idea why they built it there so I'll default to $$$$$. They had to bring the construction materials up a river by boat ffs. It will look like Chernobyl in five years.

Can anyone tell me why the western world should not simply pull out of FIFA and start their own organization and invite any other country interested in joining?

Can anyone tell me why the western world should not simply pull out of FIFA and start their own organization and invite any other country interested in joining?

Balmer, Knight, Cuban, and Allen are four rich mofos that are already involved in sports just off the top of my head.

Network effects. Any country whose FA left FIFA for the rebel group would (in theory) only be able to bring rebel country nationals into its domestic league. Couldn't schedule FIFA nations' national teams. Would have to convince advertisers and TV execs to sponsor/broadcast their rebel tourney to replace FIFA and confederation revenues. Every existing revenue stream for the FA gets less valuable without some critical mass of co-rebels.

Platini couldn't even get the FFF to vote against Blatter. It's a huge ask.

Not sure I follow. If the US pulls out, it could invite all the other countries.

What if they don't follow? It's not like they just found out FIFA was corrupt.

But will they leave?

Back