• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TSA is empirically terrible

Every time I've traveled with kids, we ended up being placed in the pre-check line anyway.

I took a group of 10 kids on a mission trip to Jamaica and they put us in the pre-check line.

Pretty sure spouses are no longer covered without their own pre-check (per my parents and the TSA website).

I am traveling with my family; can they also use the TSA Pre✓® lane?

Family members ages 12 and under traveling with an eligible parent or guardian with a TSA Pre✓® indicator on their boarding pass can participate in expedited screening.
Family members 13 and older must go through standard security lanes or should apply for a DHS trusted traveler program.

https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/faq

Not true. Kids under 12 can go with a parent but anyone older than that needs their own subscription.

However, randomly your companion will sometimes get pre-check on a flight by flight basis.

I dunno, my wife is not pre check subscribed but every time I travel with her and the kids pre check shows up on all 4 boarding passes. Admittedly small sample size, I think I've only flown with them twice since I got pre check, so maybe she just got lucky on the random draws.

unrelated but that Adam Ruins Everything show is pretty great.

as long as you're mildly smug-tolerant.

Back