• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Microsoft presser will be interesting. They need to have a solid new IP to push sales. EA I'm excited to finally see hands on Battlefront. You never know what the fuck will happen at Ubi. Then Sony closes the night and I'm pumped for that. I'm thinking a new IP from Guerrilla Games and hopefully something about the Last Guardian (one can only hope).

Started playing Witcher 3 this weekend. It's fantastic, although my Xbone copy tends to crash to the dashboard a lot more than I'd like. It may be a problem with my Xbone; I'm just dragging my feet about calling support.

Anyway, I have some questions about the game:

1. What's the deal with merchant prices? Do you get more money for selling herbs to the herbalist, etc? I haven't sold anything yet, because the merchant prices always seem really shitty.

2. Do you have to manually keep track of your silver/steel swords? I've assumed that when I go into combat, Geralt just automatically pulls the correct sword. I haven't had any problems killing the easy stuff yet, so I haven't really worried about it.

3. What level were you when you fought the Griffin? I haven't done much with the Griffin contract; I keep doing side quests. At what point can I go fight that sumbitch?

1. like any RPG, the merchant price suck in the early stages and it's kind of frustrating b/c i have a shit ton of crap i drag around now. Keep in mind certain merchants pay more for certain gear (armorers like armor and forging ingredients, herbalists like herbs, etc.)
2. No, he'll pull out he right sword. so far i havent' gotten into a mixed-badguy situation. You can manually pick/sheath the weapons if you want.
3. LVL 3, dodged and blocked and got lucky beating it, I guess b/c I iddnt' think he was that tough. I found another one in the wild and it fucking killed me in one hit (lvl 6)

Last edited:
Tomb Raider comes out the same day as Fallout 4. I have a feeling that Tomb Raider gets pushed to January 2016.

Anyone here in the XBox One preview program that wants to give me an invite? I was in the program for 360, but never got signed up on the One.

That new XBONE controller looks pretty awesome.

I'm going to play the crap out of Blast Corps on the Rare collection.

Nice...I bought an XB1 and never got around to finishing Red Dead Redemption, and didn't feel like hooking up my 360 again just to play it.

Aisha Tyler is killing it. She's cracking me up. I didn't see a new South Park game. I missed Stick of Truth because I was already on the ps4 when it came out.

New Microsoft controller price? $149. Damn.

The Fallout Shelter iOS game is great. It's kind of like a Tiny Tower crossed with X-COM, but in your bunker with the Pip Boy art style.

It's free, offline, and the IAPs aren't annoying.

First round of backwards compatible games release for the xbone:

A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Banjo-Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Hexic HD
Jetpac Refuelled
Kameo: Elements of Power
Mass Effect
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Small Arms
Super Meat Boy
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise

Some people are reporting it not working in a couple of titles and you need to be part of the preview program for this to work for you but that's pretty fast.

Of these, I only have Mass Effect but from what users are reporting, you should be able to copy your 360 save files into the cloud and then play it off your xbone.

How long is it taking people to level up in Witcher typically? Seems like its taking me longer than expected.

Back