• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Just picked up a SNES Classic. Which of these games that I have never played should I start with: Yoshii's Island, Mega Man X, Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, or Final Fantasy VI.

Zeldaaaaaaaa

or Metroid

arguably pinnacles of their franchises

this, absolutely

Link to the Past is the GOAT Zelda game. Super Metroid has gotten some #1 GOAT nods.

Similarly what are some games good RPG games I may have missed out on for the N64? And any other recommendations on Switch games, I realize that there aren't a lot of games out now for that.

RPGs were weird in the N64 era. Square had a messy divorce from Nintendo, which led to basically all JRPGs going to PS1. On N64, it's basically just Paper Mario and Ogre Battle 64.

I think the only real "essential" Switch games right now are BotW, Mario Kart, and Splatoon 2. I'm really enjoying Mario & Rabbids, but it's definitely a poor man's X-Com, so.

The other games I'd recommend for it are all multi-platform ones at this point. NBA2K and Fifa are supposedly pretty poor ports, but Binding of Isaac, Sonic Mania, Rayman Legends, Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley are all great. Also some legitimately great smaller Steam games being ported over (Flame in the Flood, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, etc)

Last edited:
wait Doom is coming to Switch in November too? I thought it was gonna be way later than Skyrim for some reason.

hmm, that's going to be a tough call, the next month is going to bankrupt me

wait Doom is coming to Switch in November too? I thought it was gonna be way later than Skyrim for some reason.

hmm, that's going to be a tough call, the next month is going to bankrupt me

You don't have it on PC already? It'll look way better on your rig than the Switch.

Oh damn didn't even see Skyrim. May have to preorder that for Switch. Hope it runs well - a little skeptical about it, but seems like the reviews/ratings are positive.

Last edited:
Skyrim was six years ago, why are we still excited about it? (serious question)

Definitely Zelda. A Link to the Past is a top pick for best game ever made pretty much universally.

Definitely Zelda. A Link to the Past is a top pick for best game ever made pretty much universally.

Between that, Super Metroid and Super Mario World, the SNES had a bunch of all-time great games.

Skyrim was six years ago, why are we still excited about it? (serious question)

.. and without mods, MEH. Just hoping we'll get the next TES by 2020 at this point. Though I don't have high hopes given how DC has talked about it thus far. :(

The reason I am excited for Skyrim in 2017 is solely because it's on the Switch. Being able to play Skyrim or Doom on the train is going to be v dope.

How is this thread not lighting up with people talking about how amazing Odyssey is? I've been playing non stop since it launched an hour and a half ago.

Last edited:
Back