• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Is FO4 hard or am I just teh suck? I am about 2 hours in and I spent like an hour trying to seal off 3 vents under water and kept dying by radiation. I also had no idea I couldn't recharge my armor and it ran out of juice and I had to leave it behind. WTF

Is FO4 hard or am I just teh suck? I am about 2 hours in and I spent like an hour trying to seal off 3 vents under water and kept dying by radiation. I also had no idea I couldn't recharge my armor and it ran out of juice and I had to leave it behind. WTF

It's not super hard. I died playing it, but usually from carelessness. Make sure you have some Rad Away and take Rad-X before you go into a radioactive area.

You can also find plenty of power armor throughout the game, as well as plenty of fusion cores to power them.

1. it's hard in the first 3rd until you start to get better weaponry
2. don't do the vent thing until you can get power armor or a shit ton of radx/rad away. Not all the side quests are meant to be done in the order they're acquired

Need a new XBox game

Options include
NBA 17
NHL 17
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Titanfall 2

Open to others as well. Suggestions?

If you enjoy career mode in NBA 2k.... It's pretty damn good. Had it for 2 months and haven't played anything other than my player.

1. it's hard in the first 3rd until you start to get better weaponry
2. don't do the vent thing until you can get power armor or a shit ton of radx/rad away. Not all the side quests are meant to be done in the order they're acquired

It's a pretty steep curve from what I remember. I died ALOT the first third of the game. Then I got better weapons and perks and by the end of the game, I was one shotting everything with a power fist.

Someone tell me about Final Fantasy XV. Growing up, IV (II in the US) was (and still is) one of my favorite games ever. The last Final Fantasy game I played though was X and I really enjoyed that one. How does this one compare in terms of gameplay?

Someone tell me about Final Fantasy XV. Growing up, IV (II in the US) was (and still is) one of my favorite games ever. The last Final Fantasy game I played though was X and I really enjoyed that one. How does this one compare in terms of gameplay?

Nothing like the regular FFs. The combat system is more action oriented. You can make it turn based in the menu, but I haven't even tried. You only control the main character's direct actions, but you can order the other characters to use abilities.

I've really loved the game so far, but I've only put in 3-4hr.

I went for the Bethesda hat trick and picked up Wolfenstein: New Order today. I think I'll start with this one (FO4 and Doom were other 2).

I picket up Wolfenstein as well, played a bit last night and it was pretty fun. Also picked up Tomb Raider on sale - that's been a blast as well and I am really enjoying the story. Got both for under 10 bucks - the perks of having small kids and falling behind on new releases is games that are several years old go on sale and still feel new.

I booted up HOMM2 last night. I love that series so much.

I got 1/3 of the way through the Roland Campaign.

Has anyone tried Kerbel Space Program? I've heard it's very deep and is basically a rocket science simulator.

Has anyone tried Kerbel Space Program? I've heard it's very deep and is basically a rocket science simulator.

I tried it and it was fun at a very basic level, aka drive space vehicles. Never learned how to actually play it in depth. Way too complex for what I'm looking for in a game.

It's a pretty steep curve from what I remember. I died ALOT the first third of the game. Then I got better weapons and perks and by the end of the game, I was one shotting everything with a power fist.

couple things here:

1.) Scaling seems to be a huge problem with the game. I still think it's way too easy on the whole, but the first third is definitely the toughest, especially on Survival Mode. Overseer's Guardian is sorta game breaking, and with the right build, so is Righteous Authority. Until you get to lvl 60 and the game starts throwing a shit ton of superhigh level enemies at you, it's a piece of cake once you get established around lvl 15-20.

2.) Melee/unarmed is pretty easily the strongest build in the game, which explains yr power fist thing. Ninja/Blitz is a broken combo, not really sure what Bethesda were thinking there. I have to imagine there were ways to make melee a viable strat without making the player a magical teleporting one-shot 10x sneak crit machine. It's silly to think there's not much the game can throw at a reasonably high level melee character that it can't kill in one VATS hit.

Poked at it a little bit on PC, but didn't devote the time it really requires. I'd like to get back to it at some point with my daughter, as it is very good as a teaching tool.

Anyone play Witcher 3 or Far Cry Primal? In addition to the games I mentioned in a previous post, I'm looking to add an open-world/adventure game too. The other game that interests me is Skyrim but I'm hesitant to spend almost full price on a game that I already played before (and admittedly really liked).

Back