• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Yes. Let us know how it goes.

this game is so fucking hard.

i left Seyda Neen and found a cave and died at the hands of the kwama worker. I love how when your skills are low you just shoot like 10 arrows point blank and miss or your spell just fail but you burn magicka

Every game having a skill tree with like 50 minor upgrades really makes me miss the old days of games where you had to master your character as-is, then after considerable effort got a significant new ability you both needed and had to completely master before the next one came along.

Now you're always cashing in an experience point for "fire combo #8, press x+y+LB/RB+RT to add +8 damage to enemies facing away from you" which you end up only using by mistake.

i've been made to understand that they greased the ridiculous tutorial wheels a bit and made other player comfort updates but a couple friends complained about the wonky translation of the motion controls.

Played it on Wii years ago. It’s Zelda so if you’ve played other 3D games it’s on par with those. I do remember it having a tool that basically told you where to go next which may or may not enhance your experience.

steam deck arriving today, cant wait to put my switch away forever

started playing a few hours of skyward sword, and man I really couldn't do the controls at all.

started playing a few hours of skyward sword, and man I really couldn't do the controls at all.

Same. The controls were annoying and the prospect of having to fly that giant bird all the time turned me off.

Back