• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Anything except a gun that is then held by Starscream is lame. I am disappointed that Optimus Prime's trailer doesn't appear out of nowhere or become a battle station.

Anything except a gun that is then held by Starscream is lame. I am disappointed that Optimus Prime's trailer doesn't appear out of nowhere or become a battle station.

Didn't it appear out of nowhere during one of his combos?

Didn't it appear out of nowhere during one of his combos?

Oh yeah. That's right. The one where he spun around. Man, they're good.

thatsa lotta content-a

also....new gwent cards@!!11

why don't they release a companion Gwent App? i'd totally buy it

I haven't played witcher in about 2 weeks (been out of town and only been able to get on ps4 for short bursts so I've been playing the show) and I'm so intimidated to play it again.

Finished Assassins Creed Unity. I didn't have any problem with glitches aside from an NPC being randomly stuck in the floor or a wall.

This was a very beautiful game. The story was solid and I had a lot of fun playing it. It seems they made a lot of game play changes between 4 and this one. Stealthing about was a lot harder in this game, even with the top gear.

Combat was very different too. There was no way button to hold and block you have to time it. But really all you had to do was stick to roofs and shoot people with the pistol. And once you had to go to the ground, stealth while you can and if you pull a group of people, smoke bomb and start stabbing. Once you upgrade your gear, none of the missions were particularly hard.

I only had two issues with the game:

1) The collectibles. My god at the collectibles. Even the viewpoints didn't reveal them all. The enigma riddles were dumb. The murder mysteries were fun but there were too many. Same with the assassin missions.

2) Arno spent a lot of his youth playing the floor is lava and that followed him into adulthood. Once you are on a building, it was more complicated than it should have been to get back to the floor.

Ummm so this happened tonight. My brother lives with me and I was standing there when it happened (yes, Doug).

He went to target earlier today and bought the new Roy McIlroy PGA Tour game. He bought it on the way to work so he left it in his car unopened. After work he meets me and the guys for poker, so still no game. We get home and he opens it up on the way into the house. As we will in, he drops a "wtf is this". I turn and he hands me the case, complete with a dvd of "The Lady". No game. Just the promo pamphlets and "The Lady" dvd.

It was clearly used so I'm assuming someone bought the game, replaced the cd with "The Lady", then used a machine to rewrap the case. What's his play here? There's no way Target believes him, right?

Take it back to Target. If they turn you down, call the credit card company.

Take it back to Target. If they turn you down, call the credit card company.

Take it back with the receipt to the Target guest service counter. Explain the situation. If the person isn't sure if they can help you, ask to speak to the GSTL (guest service team leader) or the LOD (manager on duty). They pretty much have power to do anything. More than likely they will let you exchange the game for a new one. Target as a whole tries to be very customer service oriented (that's how they compete with stores like Walmart that have lower prices) and pretty much work with customers any way they can. They seem to be desperately afraid to offend someone over $50 bucks and lose the potential of future sales.

Wouldn't a record of that game's barcode/UPC exist if it was a return somewhere in the Target system (ie it had been scanned out and back in for the return)?

The biggest question is why did they waste the time putting in The Lady DVD which is retailing for 15 dollars at Target. Can the exchange person tell the difference in 3oz weight, do the target employees go through this type of training?

That's what happens when you sit behind a desk. You forget things. Like the weight in the hand of a case that's has a CD.

Wouldn't a record of that game's barcode/UPC exist if it was a return somewhere in the Target system (ie it had been scanned out and back in for the return)?

Its a UPC, not a serial number. All that is tracked is that one unit left the store and one unit was returned. It is not linked to the specific disk in the package. If it was the console itself which has both a UPC and SN, then that would be a different story.

Its a UPC, not a serial number. All that is tracked is that one unit left the store and one unit was returned. It is not linked to the specific disk in the package. If it was the console itself which has both a UPC and SN, then that would be a different story.

Ahh, yeah I'm pretty clueless on that kind of stuff.

They'd at least have a record of returns right? I can't imagine there were that many returns of the game near the time he purchased it.

You would be surprised it happens a lot. They will give you another one with little fuss. They usally don't have anything in them though.

Whoever did it had to be pretty stupid IMO. There's no way they sold more than 5-10 of the PGA tour game since it came out 3 days ago and I bet that's been the only return.

Got a text from him this afternoon saying that he had to fill some stuff out and after a phone call in the store with corporate he got another copy.

Back