• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Whoever did it had to be pretty stupid IMO. There's no way they sold more than 5-10 of the PGA tour game since it came out 3 days ago and I bet that's been the only return.

Got a text from him this afternoon saying that he had to fill some stuff out and after a phone call in the store with corporate he got another copy.

I figured it would be pretty painless. The paperwork probably had more to do with them starting a file within assets protection than anything with him. The fact that they rewrapped the case shows that it has potential to be one a major problem.

Finished Assassins Creed Unity. I didn't have any problem with glitches aside from an NPC being randomly stuck in the floor or a wall.

This was a very beautiful game. The story was solid and I had a lot of fun playing it. It seems they made a lot of game play changes between 4 and this one. Stealthing about was a lot harder in this game, even with the top gear.

Combat was very different too. There was no way button to hold and block you have to time it. But really all you had to do was stick to roofs and shoot people with the pistol. And once you had to go to the ground, stealth while you can and if you pull a group of people, smoke bomb and start stabbing. Once you upgrade your gear, none of the missions were particularly hard.

I only had two issues with the game:

1) The collectibles. My god at the collectibles. Even the viewpoints didn't reveal them all. The enigma riddles were dumb. The murder mysteries were fun but there were too many. Same with the assassin missions.

2) Arno spent a lot of his youth playing the floor is lava and that followed him into adulthood. Once you are on a building, it was more complicated than it should have been to get back to the floor.

I'm about 30% done and having trouble finishing it, maybe it's because it's the summer and I'm not in a mood to stay inside and play videogames, but I agree with you about the collectibles, they're everywhere, although I do enjoy trying to pick locks without the lockpicking skills. The crowd events get old quickly too. On the other hand, it's a great setting and I think the enigmas and murder mysteries add a cool part to the game. I've only finished up to Sequence 5 so maybe I'll give it a go this weekend.

Anyone else finish Witcher III yet?

I finished it a couple days ago. Fantastic game. I was super satisfied with the ending, but here's a PSA: your choices throughout the game matter. (Broadly speaking, it's the way you treat the characters that ends up being important.)

Still, I missed out on some content because I started Act 3 by going to the Isle of Mists without completing a lot of the other story quests. I really wish I'd done those--I have the feeling I missed out on a lot of content.

I started another playthrough last night on a higher difficulty level. I seriously can't get enough of this game.

I need to start playing more. I've been getting side tracked by elite dangerous.

I just want to make one of the different endings happen. I liked my ending is some respects, but I also let some shitty things happen. Oops.

I really want to get back into the Witcher but I'm just having such a blast playing Rocket League. The game is the definition of fun.

Fallout 4 is on sale on Amazon today for $6 off.

V8rkvst.png

Crackdown 3 announced at Gamescon.

Does anyone play Witcher 3 on Xbone? Since the 1.0.7 patch, mine has run a lot worse than it did before. There's a lot of those blurry "loading" frames during most conversations, the minimap is slow to load when I'm running around, and on multiple occasions I've had the game tell me I couldn't save and had to reload to previous save. Sure, the inventory works better now and I can turn on a dime, but the crap performance is annoying as hell. Surely I can't be the only one...

yeah, it definitely runs the same way for me. I also have trouble occasionally with starting it back up again from the xbone "pause" feature. Like it won't save unless i hard-reboot the system.

Does anyone play Witcher 3 on Xbone? Since the 1.0.7 patch, mine has run a lot worse than it did before. There's a lot of those blurry "loading" frames during most conversations, the minimap is slow to load when I'm running around, and on multiple occasions I've had the game tell me I couldn't save and had to reload to previous save. Sure, the inventory works better now and I can turn on a dime, but the crap performance is annoying as hell. Surely I can't be the only one...

yeah, it definitely runs the same way for me. I also have trouble occasionally with starting it back up again from the xbone "pause" feature. Like it won't save unless i hard-reboot the system.

Yeah, I've had the same issues. The slow loading times are especially bad. There are certain areas of Novigrad where the minimap can't keep up with my movement. I've also been unable to save my game a couple times.

Back