• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Finished BOTW this week in advance of Age of Calamity tomorrow. Started Miles Morales last night.

had an off day and finally had the chance to finish spiderman. Such a good game. Wish I had a ps 5 anywhere in my near future.

Miles Morales is for the PS4 and PS5. If you buy the PS4 version, you get the PS5 version for free.

I guess I missed that. Maybe over the holidays. The mid and post credit scenes were fun.

Yeah. I missed it until I saw it last week. I canceled my PS5 game preorder and downloaded it on the PS4 instead.

You'll be in good shape having just finished Spider-Man. You can carry over the combat muscle memory to this game. It's very simple except Miles has some different powers. There's also a cool Spider-Verse mode that unlocks early in the game that looks like the Spider-Verse film animations and combat style.

Last edited:
Planning to start BOTW tonight and can't wait. Been having way too much fun playing Double Dragon, Super Mario World, and Donkey Kong Country among other things.

Talk to me about Animal Crossing. Never played it before and it seems like it might be good way to de-stress from 2020 craziness.

What's Hyrule Warriors all about? I downloaded the demo for Calamity last night but only played it for a few minutes.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a hack and slash game that serves as a prequel to Breath of the Wild. You can play as several characters in BOTW (i.e. Zelda herself) and that you see in flashbacks. There’s also a two player mode.

Do any of you play Crusader Kings? I just picked up CK3 and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It's not my first Paradox game but I think it is my favorite so far.

Do any of you play Crusader Kings? I just picked up CK3 and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It's not my first Paradox game but I think it is my favorite so far.

I went through the tutorial, but just haven't had the chance to sit down with it any more than that. Couldn't get into CK2 at all, but I did put a couple dozen hours into Stellaris early on. The problem is that I rarely have extended sessions of play time on my PC, and when I do, it is usually Civ time. Or Motorsport Manager... though I haven't played that this year at all.

have not played CK3 but a good friend has raved about it as not being as wonky as CK2 and much easier to just "play"

I went through the tutorial, but just haven't had the chance to sit down with it any more than that. Couldn't get into CK2 at all, but I did put a couple dozen hours into Stellaris early on. The problem is that I rarely have extended sessions of play time on my PC, and when I do, it is usually Civ time. Or Motorsport Manager... though I haven't played that this year at all.

I have quite a bit of time in Stellaris as well, probably my previous favorite Paradox game. I have the season pass for Civ 6, need to sit down and play it, just been obsessed with CK3

have not played CK3 but a good friend has raved about it as not being as wonky as CK2 and much easier to just "play"

Never played CK2 but I can confirm CK3 has a really good game flow and essential mechanics are as straightforward as Paradox can do. Still a million things I’m learning every time I fire it up but it never has felt totally overwhelming (like HOI4).

yeah, i've played a fair bit of HOI4 and was into it but it just gets to be way too much. so i avoided CK3 when it came out but i'll probably check it out when i'm done with AC: Vikings

Saw the Gamestop sale via wario64 on twitter last night, was kind of absentmindedly clicking over and over again as they said out of stock for like 20 minutes, I was 100% sure everything had sold out to bots in seconds... Low and behold I got a purchase confirmation. Guess it could still get canceled in the next day or so but just wanted to relay that there is at least some hope for humans to get a system before Christmas...

Planning to start BOTW tonight and can't wait. Been having way too much fun playing Double Dragon, Super Mario World, and Donkey Kong Country among other things.

Talk to me about Animal Crossing. Never played it before and it seems like it might be good way to de-stress from 2020 craziness.

What's Hyrule Warriors all about? I downloaded the demo for Calamity last night but only played it for a few minutes.

Don't waste your time with Animal Crossing. It was fun for a few weeks to play with my kids, but there really isn't much to do. Once I bought Luigi's Mansion 3 and Super Mario Odyssey, that is all we've been playing.

I'm still not sure about Hyrule Warriors. Demo was fun. Waiting to hear what others think about it.

BOTW is awesome. Enjoy.

Just bought Hades on sale for Black Friday. Between trying to finish Odyssey, starting BOTW and playing drunk Mario Kart with the wife I'm never going to have time to play it.

Yeah if you are just starting BOTW there is no reason to try to start anything else anytime soon.

But good you got Hades on sale to play it in a few months. Even full price it's totally worth the money.

bought Hollow Knight on sale today

I really enjoyed Hollow Knight, though I did think the ending was a bit disappointing. Also, there are so many secrets in that game. I'd argue too many, actually.

Last edited:
Well leads to the question of whether you got the complete ending which I think was certainly more satisfying from a gameplay standpoint. It’s also a game you could spend hours on the “lore” which is super involved but also vague enough that it leaves parts unclear/unresolved so it can be argued endlessly by fans. Personally I thought it was the best game I’ve played in years

Back