• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Yea, I’d recommend waiting until next gen to people who haven’t bought it but are leaning towards it. It’s a bit of a glitchy mess. The bones of an amazing game there but there are issues beyond the glitches IMO. My buddy and I chose different “life paths” and are finding the choice completely irrelevant.

Yeah, waiting for patching and/or PS5 version.

I’m playing through Demons’ Souls now and still have Miles Morales to go.

But he answered those questions in a way where I wouldn’t be surprised if switch pro and BOTW2 came out 2 months from now or 26 months from now

Yeah. That’s true. What convinced me the Switch Pro isn’t coming out is that they’ve got Nintendo World opening up and that film deal. So they’re probably thinking they have more potential Switch buyers out there. Sales are already strong. There are households with more than one Switch. Are they going to buy a Switch Pro? Are new customers going to buy a Switch Pro or just a used Switch? I don’t think it’s worth it for them going into year 4 of the device. Just let the Switch have a 7 year life cycle.

Since Age of Calamity was announced I’ve been convinced BOTW 2 will come out next holiday season. Now I wonder if they have another surprise third party Zelda came coming out in 2021.

Somebody tell me about Mass Effect since I've never played any of the series before, and with the Remaster coming out in the spring, I think I'll jump into it. It should give me plenty of time to finish up with Mario Odyssey and start/finish BOTW.

So tell me about the game, please tell me it's not super bloated like some of the Assassin's Creed games have been lately. How many hours to progress through the story of the trilogy? I heard Andromeda wasn't really that good, so is it skippable?

l'm a sucker for good video game music and Interstellar is one of my favorite movies, and the ME series from what I've seen definitely gives off that kind of vibe. Can't wait.

Man, Death Stranding is a self-indulgent slog, but I am trying to stick with it. Anyone make it to the end? I am about 12 hours in, and running out of steam. I expect I will need to put at least another 25-30 hours in it.

Requested a refund for cyberpunk today. Looking forward to playing it whenever I can get a next gen console but not wasting anymore time playing it on ps4

Somebody tell me about Mass Effect since I've never played any of the series before, and with the Remaster coming out in the spring, I think I'll jump into it. It should give me plenty of time to finish up with Mario Odyssey and start/finish BOTW.

So tell me about the game, please tell me it's not super bloated like some of the Assassin's Creed games have been lately. How many hours to progress through the story of the trilogy? I heard Andromeda wasn't really that good, so is it skippable?

l'm a sucker for good video game music and Interstellar is one of my favorite movies, and the ME series from what I've seen definitely gives off that kind of vibe. Can't wait.

The Mass Effect trilogy is one of my favorite game universes of all time. Andromeda is a completely separate story, and should be ignored. The first game plays significantly differently than the other two, but they may do some work to it in this remaster. They do much of the world building in the first game, establishing motivations and backstory for some of the enduring characters as well as the different species. The second and third games are more action focused, but build off the foundation of the first and still have character progression and somewhat meaningful choices. Honestly, if you have any interest in Sci-Fi and any interest in third person action-RPGs, I wholeheartedly recommend these games. They don't stick the landing (in the second or third, honestly), but it really is one of the most interesting and fleshed out game universes I've ever seen.

There is not really much in the way of collectables, and most of the sidestories have at least a bit of interesting information to them.

Last edited:
ME and ME2 are fantastic games. ME3 was ok and I never finished it.

ME and ME2 are fantastic games. ME3 was ok and I never finished it.

3 had the weakest story, I think, but also had the best combat. The multiplayer was very fun and I even went back to it earlier this year with some friends. They are unfortunately leaving that out of the remaster. The Citadel DLC for 3 was also fun and goofy.

Been playing the Demon's Souls remake. As much as I like the gameplay, the lack of information is driving me insane. I don't care that the game is hard. I don't even care that it's super repetitive given that you usually have to claw your way back for 20 minutes just to get back to where you died. That ultimately makes it very rewarding, if frustrating. What infuriates me is how it doesn't explain the general operations of the game. It doesn't tell you where anything is or even elude that such things might exist. So you lose your mind dying a billion times (they also don't explain the death mechanic worth a flip) before you finally read online that there is someone somewhere in a level that you haven't gotten to yet that can provide you with the spell you need to get by. Given the punishing nature of the game, it seems like every little thing you don't know is what is killing you. So you're just stuck reading non-stop online threads until you can finally piece together what in the world is going on.

People can say "it's just a game that doesn't hold your hand!" all they want, but ultimately the game doesn't even provide you with enough information to have a chance without countless hours of experimentation or reading online.

Last edited:
Are you playing online? Jolly cooperation! When I've played those games and gotten stuck I'll call someone in and many of them (not playing this version yet) would walk you through and show you stuff. Obviously there are guides to use. I've never been a completionist and would rather utilize jolly coop to get unstuck.

You can figure Demon’s Souls out. It’s not easy, but it’s possible.

I did it with the original one.

You can figure Demon’s Souls out. It’s not easy, but it’s possible.

I did it with the original one.

So yeah, after a brutal ramp up time just figuring out how the game works (probably 10 - 12 hours of gameplay and 2 - 3 more reading about things online) it's finally starting to pay off. I'd compare it to those shows you recommend with the qualifier "the first 2 seasons are a little slow, but then it really picks up!" It's terrifying fighting through a level for 30 minutes and knowing if you die you have to start all over, but it makes it that much more rewarding when you make it through. I say this after only getting through the 2nd level using the easiest class to play, so tomorrow I may be back on the rage train.

What if Uncharted, but Skyrim?

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/12/22226966/bethesda-indiana-jones-game-machinegames

Bethesda’s next project is a big surprise: today, the publisher teased a new Indiana Jones game.

While we don’t know anything about the title just yet — the announcement was simply a brief teaser video — it’s being developed by MachineGames, the same studio behind the Wolfenstein franchise. Bethesda boss Todd Howard will serve as executive producer. The title is being made under the new Lucasfilm Games label, which was announced yesterday as part of a renewed focus on games from Disney and Lucasfilm.

So yeah, after a brutal ramp up time just figuring out how the game works (probably 10 - 12 hours of gameplay and 2 - 3 more reading about things online) it's finally starting to pay off. I'd compare it to those shows you recommend with the qualifier "the first 2 seasons are a little slow, but then it really picks up!" It's terrifying fighting through a level for 30 minutes and knowing if you die you have to start all over, but it makes it that much more rewarding when you make it through. I say this after only getting through the 2nd level using the easiest class to play, so tomorrow I may be back on the rage train.

To this day, I've never had the sense of accomplishment playing games as I did the first time I beat Phalanx on the PS3.

Finished Star Wars: Fallen Order. Fun game, good story, terrible controls and camera, but still probably the best Star Wars game I've played.

Last edited:
EA Sports announces it's bringing back college football . . . but leaving out the NCAA. Have to imagine this is the writing on the wall for the NCAA with regards to overseeing college football. Amazing announcement. Looks like they are leaving out all player names and likenesses but continuing to monitor legal developments.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-sports-college-football-is-returning-for-the-first-time-since-2013

And I'm sure there won't be custom rosters for the entire game available within 3 hours of launch, thus skirting any obligation by EA to actually pay the players for their likenesses. Though, I doubt it is EA that was unwilling to pay the players to begin with. I guess that falls on CLC this time around.

Last edited:
They aren’t releasing this year, so my guess would be summer 2022 at the earliest. Lots of time for things to change with licensing name/image/likeness

Back