• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Just signed up for Game Pass for the first time. This is the first time in my life I'm realizing the importance of download speed. I got Fiber and its going at 200MBs, but still seems to take like an hour to download a 78 gig file. But if I'm really at 200 MBs, shouldn't a gig download in 5 seconds? Cause it's taking like a minute per gig.

Just signed up for Game Pass for the first time. This is the first time in my life I'm realizing the importance of download speed. I got Fiber and its going at 200MBs, but still seems to take like an hour to download a 78 gig file. But if I'm really at 200 MBs, shouldn't a gig download in 5 seconds? Cause it's taking like a minute per gig.

Their servers have to be able to send you the game at 200 MBs a second too

Way more likely your internet speed is actually 200 Mbps (little b). That's a standard intro fiber speed, with the top end usually being 1,000 Mbps (full gigabit). So more like 40 seconds per gigabyte, which sounds like you're about if you're getting 1 hour for 78GB game. You won't get 100% utilization/throughput of that speed.

8 bits in a byte.. so if you had 1,000Mbps, you'd download a 1gigaBYTE file in 8 seconds.

Way more likely your internet speed is actually 200 Mbps (little b). That's a standard intro fiber speed, with the top end usually being 1,000 Mbps (full gigabit). So more like 40 seconds per gigabyte, which sounds like you're about if you're getting 1 hour for 78GB game. You won't get 100% utilization/throughput of that speed.

8 bits in a byte.. so if you had 1,000Mbps, you'd download a 1gigaBYTE file in 8 seconds.

Got it! Woof. I had always assumed my fiber was unnecessary and way more than I needed. Guess not.

1460gmhsafa71.png

just for itc

If that's a Civ ref you have to go back 2 versions for that to apply. It may well apply to something else and if so carry on.

What are the best ps5 restock Twitter resources? The one I used last summer for a switch has shut down.

What are the best ps5 restock Twitter resources? The one I used last summer for a switch has shut down.

Matt Swider, but he's so well followed that even things I jump on a few seconds after he posts I'm not able to get. Did get an xbox from him though.

Pretty close to finishing BOTW, it´s probably in my top 10 games of all time. I can't get over some of the views and scenery even running on hardware below Xbox/PS levels. Midway through the DLC before going off to Hyrule Castle. How many of you finished the Master Sword Trials? I lost patience after I died about 10 levels in and stopped trying to finish it.

Matt Swider, but he's so well followed that even things I jump on a few seconds after he posts I'm not able to get. Did get an xbox from him though.

just got a ps5 bundle using his advice and live tweet/stream notification from game stop. had to sign up for their $15 pro membership but it allowed me to buy during their member early access. took about 20 minutes of refreshing.

Bigly disappointed by AC: Valhalla -- glitchy, weak narrative, overlong. I didn't so many side stories/quests and still leveled up to the point where combat was ridiculously easy. And now I have completed the main storyline and I am way underleveled for the last pledge, which jumps all the way to 340. It's just kind of a mess because it is too big an unwieldy.

Paled in comparison to Odyssey for me.

Saying bye to the Switch for several months since I got Ms I/O to try out Breath of the Wild and now she stays up until midnight playing it. If I'm lucky I can squeeze in a few games of Hades after work. It's fun to watch her go through the experience without knowing anything about what's coming up.

Saying bye to the Switch for several months since I got Ms I/O to try out Breath of the Wild and now she stays up until midnight playing it. If I'm lucky I can squeeze in a few games of Hades after work. It's fun to watch her go through the experience without knowing anything about what's coming up.

Saying bye to the sex as well. Condolences, iodeac.

Bigly disappointed by AC: Valhalla -- glitchy, weak narrative, overlong. I didn't so many side stories/quests and still leveled up to the point where combat was ridiculously easy. And now I have completed the main storyline and I am way underleveled for the last pledge, which jumps all the way to 340. It's just kind of a mess because it is too big an unwieldy.

Paled in comparison to Odyssey for me.

Completely different opinion. I like Odyssey better, but have really enjoyed Valhalla.

And yeah, I always fall victim to side quest-itis as well. My Eivor is absurdly dominating everything heading up to the ending.

Just finished Detroit - Become Human in the freebies with the PS5. Really enjoyed it, kinda surprised to look back and see the mediocre reviews.

Video Game Thread - Final Fantasy XVI Announced - No Other News

Two years ago I talked with Joshua Johnson, then from NPR 1A and now on MSNBC. He’s a big video game nerd. I was playing Spider-Man at the time because he highly recommended it on 1A. He raved about Detroit Almost Human and told me I had to play it. I was also surprised by the reviews so I never picked it up.

Last edited:
I've probably played about 15 - 20 hours of Tribes of Midgard, and although it's not what I expected, I'm really enjoying it.

While the video in the link above gives a decent overview, there are some things about it that it doesn't mention. So here is how I would describe it: A roguelike game (each game session is destroyed once you've either beaten the game, your base is destroyed, or you give up) with Hades-like combat where you travel around the map mining/collecting resources to give yourself upgrades (like Valheim). Each "night" ghouls make an attack on your base. If your base dies, you lose. Every 4 days or so, a Titan will begin making their way to your base. If it ever reaches your base, it kills it in a matter of seconds. Your job is to power up enough to where you can find and defeat the final boss without losing your base to these attacks. Up to 10 people can play in any session, and there are 8 classes. I think each class is really well constructed (at least the ones I've unlocked) and provide unique value to the team.

It's only $20 on Steam and I've had a good time learning it. It may grow a little repetitive over time, but I'm hoping with these sorts of graphics and the style of map generation that they will be able to add meaningful expansions quickly.

Back