• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Disco Elysium is great. It essentially replaces my reading for the day though, given that's usually the mood I need to be in to play it.

It's the most well written game I've ever played, and it's not particularly close.

Idk if any of you are League of Legends players/fans, but the World Championship quarterfinals got under way today, should be a spicy knockout portion of the tournament.

Bout to sign up for this nintendo 64 online and play me some block fort

Bout to sign up for this nintendo 64 online and play me some block fort

To me, the pricing on that is way too high. I don't really have nostalgia for the 64, but there was like 4 games on that list I was interested in playing. And the Genesis games were almost all in that collection that has been on sale for $10 a bunch of times. It might make sense if you play Animal Crossing, to get the DLC, but not for me.

I started playing Total War: Warhammer 2 again after about a year off, preparing for III coming out next year. I love the Total War series in totality but this might be my favorite.

To me, the pricing on that is way too high. I don't really have nostalgia for the 64, but there was like 4 games on that list I was interested in playing. And the Genesis games were almost all in that collection that has been on sale for $10 a bunch of times. It might make sense if you play Animal Crossing, to get the DLC, but not for me.

Yeah, 64 was our collegiate game. I'd pay 5x that amount just to play Kart 64 online with friends. The rest is gravy.

Pump the brakes on the N64 games. The reviews aren’t so hot.

emulators are free and you can install upscaling patches to improve graphics if you wanna

buy a usb N64 controller and it's like you never sold your console

RetroArch makes emulating any console you want so easy that it's kinda dumb not to

Nintendo shareholders weep

woody-harrelson-wipe.gif

"Guardians of the Galaxy" looks fun and is getting solid reviews. Apparently it nestles in closer to the Spiderman/Batman end of the entertainment spectrum than Marvel's Avengers. I watched a 10 min review of it and it seems like a pretty light hearted RPG that I will probably pick up after getting through Resident Evil Village.

"Age of Empires IV" drops tomorrow after about a decade of speculation. I really hate that I no longer have the time or the reflexes to sweat out RTS's, but between the Age of Empires and Starcraft games, I've gotten months worth of entertainment over the years.

Seems like Guardians of the Galaxy is a small version of what Avengers should have been. I may get it if I start back playing games.

Went a bit nuts on the recent purchases in anticipation of some extensive travel with the wife and bringing two switches. Prolly shoulda checked which ones were free on game pass first...... but man Celeste is kicking my ass I suck hard, but so damn satisfying and quick when you fail it doesn't bore you at all, then when you beat it the thing you just failed 50 times at.... man.

Last edited:
Decided to try out Age of Empires IV last night on PC Game Pass. I played a lot of the first two but mostly skipped III. So far I like it. Anyone else been trying it?

I figure it may make more sense to discuss Arcane (The League of Legends show on Netflix) here than on either the Netflix or comic book thread. Anyone watching? I've seen an episode and was a little concerned that it might be too childish or young adult (despite 45 - 60 minute runtimes) but my friends who have watched all 3 released episodes have assured me that is not the case. One wanted to like it and really liked it, while the other was skeptical going in but also really liked it. We all play League of Legends, but I don't think it's going to be necessary to follow the show.

The user score on Metacritic is currently sitting at a 91 :eek:

Last edited:
Back