• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Just finished the 3 released episodes of Arcane. It's way better than I thought it would be. They don't force the League of Legends aspect of it really at all. There is very little fanfare, and what little there is only sort of serves as for-shadowing if you know the names. You definitely do not need to have played the game to follow. If you enjoy animated Marvel shows, you'll probably enjoy Arcane.

Yeah I don't play LoL (and never will) but thought the show was interesting and will keep watching.

In case anyone didn't know, the Halo Infinite multiplayer is out today.

In case anyone didn't know, the Halo Infinite multiplayer is out today.

Getting owned by kids was difficult enough to take as a Halo fan, yesterday my son was watching and was like “wow dad, you’re really bad!”

Thanks, buddy.

I played jedi fallen order a year or two ago. My then 7 yo started laughing when I could not make a jump across a windy channel. I was a little salty and offered him a chance. He made it first try.

the jumping portion of the platforming in that game is such a terrible part of an otherwise really fun game

the jumping portion of the platforming in that game is such a terrible part of an otherwise really fun game

Having to navigate your way back after each level was so annoying. I loved the game at first, but didn't finish in the end because I got fed up with that.

Having to navigate your way back after each level was so annoying. I loved the game at first, but didn't finish in the end because I got fed up with that.

yeah, this also was a huge problem. plus the 'star wars holomap' is fun idea but literally impossible to use

yooooooooooooooooooooo

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I feel like this Halo plays and feels like how I remember H2 and H3 playing when remembering through rose-tinted glasses. It just feels so great and so much like Halo. Some things need some tweaks though (XP system is improving, melee feels awful, some guns like the ravager suck really bad, and I really dislike the vehicle spawn systems) .

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I feel like this Halo plays and feels like how I remember H2 and H3 playing when remembering through rose-tinted glasses. It just feels so great and so much like Halo. Some things need some tweaks though (XP system is improving, melee feels awful, some guns like the ravager suck really bad, and I really dislike the vehicle spawn systems) .

same vibes

I can't tell if melee feels awful because it's actually awful, or I just don't remember it from back in the day and am too used to destiny-ish melee mechanics (aka lots of auto-targeting and big range on melees)

i don't mind the melee tbh, it felt real natural to slip back into halo melee mechanics

the one thing that's led to a ton of deaths for me has been weapon swapping, not sure if i'm just not doing something right but my weapon swap often cancels mid-animation, which is suuuuuper annoying

i'm playing on kb+m and swapping with the scroll wheel, so maybe that's part of it. or maybe there's a mechanic where weapon swaps cancel when you get shot? i dunno.

i don't mind the melee tbh, it felt real natural to slip back into halo melee mechanics

the one thing that's led to a ton of deaths for me has been weapon swapping, not sure if i'm just not doing something right but my weapon swap often cancels mid-animation, which is suuuuuper annoying

i'm playing on kb+m and swapping with the scroll wheel, so maybe that's part of it. or maybe there's a mechanic where weapon swaps cancel when you get shot? i dunno.

That's 100% it, the scroll wheel swap is real wonky. I'd rebind that.

1-4 are currently bound to things.. that I have no clue matter. Are those for the campaign or single player? I think I'm gonna try rebinding those to weapon swapping since that's sorta more natural vs hitting the V key. Like I said, I just stopped using scroll wheel entirely for that, I think I bound my "mark" to scroll wheel down so I can hit it easier/faster than trying to click my middle mouse button.

That's 100% it, the scroll wheel swap is real wonky. I'd rebind that.

1-4 are currently bound to things.. that I have no clue matter. Are those for the campaign or single player? I think I'm gonna try rebinding those to weapon swapping since that's sorta more natural vs hitting the V key. Like I said, I just stopped using scroll wheel entirely for that, I think I bound my "mark" to scroll wheel down so I can hit it easier/faster than trying to click my middle mouse button.

sure but i've never really had a problem swapping weapons with the scroll wheel in other shooters

sure but i've never really had a problem swapping weapons with the scroll wheel in other shooters

It's something with how they handle it, I don't know man. I just know I have also never felt good doing it. Animation cancels all the time and then you're fucked. I think what it does is it registers you as hitting it twice (or more) when you scroll.. so input basically is "switch weapon" registers again "switch weapon back" so you end up on same gun.

It's something with how they handle it, I don't know man. I just know I have also never felt good doing it. Animation cancels all the time and then you're fucked. I think what it does is it registers you as hitting it twice (or more) when you scroll.. so input basically is "switch weapon" registers again "switch weapon back" so you end up on same gun.

yeah. i was genuinely curious if it had to do with being shot while swapping, since halo's delightful "force you out of ads when shot" mechanic is a thing

yeah. i was genuinely curious if it had to do with being shot while swapping, since halo's delightful "force you out of ads when shot" mechanic is a thing

After some quick research it IS because it's reading it as multiple inputs. So just over scrolling and leading back to that weapon again.

ADS, in halo? Almost never have to do that lol (that and not needing headshots till shields broken are the biggest things I'm adjusting to after destiny being the only shooter I've really played the last couple years)

Back